Last year was my first year in a long time doing any traveling.
And I loved every minute of it.
Me and Princess clocked 14,000 miles last year doing trips to Michigan, Cabot Trail and Dragon.
I also take a week in March to do Bike Week in Daytona.
I take advantage of long weekends and take a extra day or two to turn it into a 5 day weekend.
I never really noticed bad traffic on these weekends but I did make a new rule....I will never ride on the 400 again.

All my trips were solo but I could just as easy travel with a group.
As long as there is 600 songs on my Blackberry I never get bored

I stay a cheap places like mom and pops or Super 8 or Americas Best.
I always take advantage of the free breakfast....even it its just a couple of muffins and a banana.
But I always bring my own coffee....Gotta have my Tims before I hit the road
I love Subway.... I just never eat it there.....I throw it in a saddlebag and wait for a nice picnic area.
And ya I bring my Playbook and a paper map....at night I like to look at where I have been and where I'm going the next day.

To me planning the trip is have the fun....having something to look forward too.
And as i type this the Expressway is all backed up and theirs a blizzard starting roflmao
In planning the trip I'll look for roads to try out (http://www.motorcycleroads.us/) or places to stop and take a picture or two.
Just the other day I was looking at pictures of Gatlinburg and would love to check it out more.
So Easter weekend if its nice enough....(as I stop looking out the window) I'm off to North Carolina.

Why.....well because I can