First bike, First ride

Thread: First bike, First ride

First bike, First ride

Hey so I posted earlier about buying a cbr250r and gettin dealer prices. So I purchased, the sales rep was cool enough to ride it out to my place free of charge. Got geared up and took it for a test ride round the block. I gotta tell you as a new rider the bike made me feel so comfortable. Anyone a beginner out there and a lil nervous I can tell you the cbr250r makes you feel very good about yourself even as a beginner. Finding the friction zone is a piece of cake, didn't even stall once.

More importantly I am wondering about shaking some bad habits, I still keep my fingers on the clutch at times. It becomes problematic when I want to hit the turn signal and my thumb cant reach out far enough. The reason I do it is being afraid of stalling when I come to a complete stop. Any tips on shaking that worry?

Re: First bike, First ride

Congrats on the bike! I just started riding on my new CBR250 as well and am very happy with it so far...big difference from the 125.

As for the bad habits? Did you take the course yet? Personally when I found myself doing something like that I would make a conscious effort to remove my hand from the clutch...and then it will just happen naturally as you progress and become more efficient at riding.

Ride safe and have fun!

Congrats on the bike ! These are very cool bikes !

Don't cover the levers when your not using them. Simple.
    You can initiate braking even without having the clutch pulled in yet, but eventually into your braking pull the clutch to avoid stalling. But don't need to cover them while riding.

Yep I did take the course. No way I would have bought it without checking out if riding was for me..

Quote Originally Posted by mimico_polak View Post
    Congrats on the bike! I just started riding on my new CBR250 as well and am very happy with it so far...big difference from the 125.

As for the bad habits? Did you take the course yet? Personally when I found myself doing something like that I would make a conscious effort to remove my hand from the clutch...and then it will just happen naturally as you progress and become more efficient at riding.

Ride safe and have fun!