Where you guys buy your gear? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where you guys buy your gear?

Re: Where you guys buy your gears?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewDude View Post
    That definitely makes me feel better about my purchase. Thanks.
    I do like the look and color of the helmet a lot. So didn't really want to return it for another.
    so you didn't really want any advice, you just wanted someone to tell you "good job!"

Quote Originally Posted by vociferous View Post
    so you didn't really want any advice, you just wanted someone to tell you "good job!"
    With all due respect, he wasn't really given advice - you stated an opinion, and I stated an opinion.

There are dozens of studies on the 'Net (many quoted on GTAM older threads) that compare plastic helmets versus composites, etc. (e.g. there's a really lengthy article debunking the myths that SNELL is superior to DOT quoted a few times throughout GTAM threads). The end result of all these studies is that the material used in the outer shell has very little bearing on the helmet’s ability to absorb an impact. The impact is absorbed by the polystyrene inner liner, not the outer shell. If there was any truth to the difference in performance based on material, they would be probably be banned and not meet any of the world standards (e.g. my AGV is a plastic shell which meets and exceeds the European Union standards and the British Standards, along with being DOT approved - do I trust my noggin in there? Yuppers.)

I stand by my comment - if it's DOT approved, wear it with confidence and pride.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

scorpion exo 400 - polycarbonite , 3/5 star safety rating

arai rx7 corsair - composite fibre - 3/5 star safety rating

Quote Originally Posted by vociferous View Post
    I did want advice, but I was hoping for a clear direction.
    If 5 people would've said that it's crap go buy something else, I would've.

But since 1 person says it's crap and 1 says it's good, then I'm okay sticking to what I purchased.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all the advice I get here. It's not always easy to determine if you should follow someone's recommendations or do without them. I try my best to make a good decision with input from more knowledgeable people and what my pocket can afford.
    Last edited by TheNewDude; 04-18-2012 at 12:23 PM.

i buy most of my stuff from gpbikes... i like their selection.

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kibosh3 View Post
    i buy most of my stuff from gpbikes... i like their selection.
    +1... and if they don't have what I'm looking for, I head to Rider's Choice.
    Mina

canadasmotorcycle.ca is a good place they have measurements available for what size you should get, worked out for me pretty acurate on my helmet and jacket. also great on returns if you dont like something you got you can return it without a hassle.

I get all my stuff from the states. I pay $5 per shipment to have a real address at usaddressinc.com just across the border.

I pay $250CAD no tax no shipping for a set of Pilot Power tires, +$5 for the address.

Some of the sites i've used are sportbiketrackgear.com, motorcycle-superstore.com, oneidasuzuki.com, motorcyclegear.com