Track Gear Required at TMP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Track Gear Required at TMP

Track Gear Required at TMP

I know it is recommended to wear FULL track suits and gear but is it required? I heard at some tracks you don't NEED to have FULL RACING LEATHERS. Can anyone clarify?
    "Anyone can open the throttle and go fast, but it takes real skill to bank a motorcycle around a corner so that you feel like if you get any lower, you might **** your pants."

Quote Originally Posted by Giti View Post
    I hate cars that provoke bikers to speed or race. The outcome is always the same. We win.
    1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Honda XR650L
    1993 Suzuki RMX250R
    1994 Suzuki Katana GSX 600 - SOLD

Re: Track Gear Required at TMP

One piece leathers - OK regardless of organization
    Two piece zip together leathers - Some (but not all) organizations will allow them. When they are allowed, they must zip together all the way around.
    There are no other allowable choices. Not Draggin Jeans, not Aerostich, not mesh jackets/pants, not body armor in the absence of leathers over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    One piece leathers - OK regardless of organization
    Two piece zip together leathers - Some (but not all) organizations will allow them. When they are allowed, they must zip together all the way around.
    There are no other allowable choices. Not Draggin Jeans, not Aerostich, not mesh jackets/pants, not body armor in the absence of leathers over them.
    Thanks! THat helps a lot, Do you happen to know which organizers allow what?
    "Anyone can open the throttle and go fast, but it takes real skill to bank a motorcycle around a corner so that you feel like if you get any lower, you might **** your pants."

I hate cars that provoke bikers to speed or race. The outcome is always the same. We win.
    1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Honda XR650L
    1993 Suzuki RMX250R

Quote Originally Posted by Mavelick95 View Post
    Why not pick up a one piece and not have to worry about it? If cost is an issue, used leathers are pretty cheap.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

There are two types of 2 piece suits,, you can have a full 360 zipper but only a draft zipper.
    Or the track style is a full 360 zip but sewned to the leather. So the zipper is sewn right through the jacket.
    A draft zipper will rip away in millaseconds,,,and then your day will get worse.
    Most good track organizations do not allow draft zippers
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    and then your day will get worse.
    LOL... worser!
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

You should pose that question to each organizer. Or better yet, do what sircastic said.

I have a tall/slim one piece for sale.

Thanks guys, its a bit of a cost issue, and i've looked for used stuff. I don't do a lot of track days, but i guess i can look at it in the long run, i'll do track days a lot in my entire riding life. I'm a 5'5 female and wear medium. if anyone has something that could be useful to me, send me a PM. Thanks!

1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Honda XR650L
    1993 Suzuki RMX250R

There are no leathers in "medium," they go up in sizes of two in men's size (like most pants) and it's definitely best to be either fitted for a custom pair (they're WAY cheap these days compared to even 5 years ago) or try a number of them on for size. They should be almost tight (to prevent bunching and tearing in an accident) and likely will be uncomfortable to stand upright in them if they are the right size.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

PM Aliki from VNM sport gear, I'm pretty sure she is getting rid of one of her track suits and it might fit you.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Thanks guys, its a bit of a cost issue, and i've looked for used stuff. I don't do a lot of track days, but i guess i can look at it in the long run, i'll do track days a lot in my entire riding life. I'm a 5'5 female and wear medium. if anyone has something that could be useful to me, send me a PM. Thanks!
    Hmmmm, have you tried Velocity, in Mississauga (they make custom suits)? Not sure how their pricing works, but it's worth a shot:

Velocity Sports Gear
    Unit #1, 7480 Kimbel Street,
    Mississauga, ON
    905-461-9241
    jimmy@velocitysportsgear.com
    http://velocitysportsgear.ca/canada

Good luck.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

I know what you mean with the cost issue. Velocity makes good stuff but your talking 1200 or more which is cheap for the product but still a huge investment. I have worn a two piece for two years now and for one race and never had anyone say the suit was not good enough. find out what size you are then let people know to find something cheap. I have two suits in great shape that Im going to sell for 150 each....you can find things that will work for you. dont get the idea you have to have custom stuff to go to the track.

[QUOTE=Mavelick95;1756555]Thanks guys, its a bit of a cost issue, and i've looked for used stuff. I don't do a lot of track days, but i guess i can look at it in the long run, i'll do track days a lot in my entire riding life. I'm a 5'5 female and wear medium. if anyone has something that could be useful to me, send me a PM. Thanks![/

[QUOTE=TheDutchDream;1757300]
    Thanks guys, its a bit of a cost issue, and i've looked for used stuff. I don't do a lot of track days, but i guess i can look at it in the long run, i'll do track days a lot in my entire riding life. I'm a 5'5 female and wear medium. if anyone has something that could be useful to me, send me a PM. Thanks![/
    there is a couple suits forsale on www.beaverdamsracing.com

pretty good price...

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    There are two types of 2 piece suits,, you can have a full 360 zipper but only a draft zipper.
    Or the track style is a full 360 zip but sewned to the leather. So the zipper is sewn right through the jacket.
    A draft zipper will rip away in millaseconds,,,and then your day will get worse.
    Most good track organizations do not allow draft zippers
    Wait, what's a draft zipper?
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Wait, what's a draft zipper?
    I zipper that only connects the jacket to the pants at the rear, you will see it on leather pants, and/or leather jackets.

See the back flap here with the zipper in it.

The leather pants has both options.

Last edited by eastcoast_gsx; 03-29-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I totally understand the reason for buying a used, cheap 1pc.

But just the thought of wearing somebody elses soiled, sweaty and smelly leathers?

Last edited by SunnY S; 03-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.

There is the one that eastcoast gsx shows ,about 12 inches long. There is also a second type which is,,,from the jacket to the pant is the same type of flap and the full 360 zip is on that. So same as the one eastcoast gsx showed but all the way around.
    A good 2 piece has the zipper directly attached to the leather on the pants and jacket. This style is a bit more uncomfortable,,but holds better in a crash.
    If the zipper half on the jacket is attached to the jacket with nylon it's a draft zipper.
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

what's your size, selling a one piece suit really cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Full gear is required even for test and tune days correct?
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold