Hello new to riding starting Tomorrow! live in K market where can i overnight park?

Thread: Hello new to riding starting Tomorrow! live in K market where can i overnight park?

Exclamation Hello new to riding starting Tomorrow! Where can i overnight park?

hi I'm starting out tomorrow picking up my bike from the shop I'm not sure where I can leave it over night. I'm afraid that if I leave it on my street ppl will pee on it or something just cause theres so many pubs and bars in my area. does anyone know good areas I can leave my bike over night. also its nothing facny its just an old bike so I dun have to worry bout it being stolen right? Thanks! alot I dont have a car so all the insurance companies say they charge me 30 % more than it would be if I had a car insured. Whats the best company for me to use?
    Last edited by matthewgenser; 03-26-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Re: Hello new to riding starting Tomorrow! live in K market where can i overnight par

Welcome.

First start off by removing your street from your post, and saying your parking your bike there.

Secondly, park your bike in front of your house or along side of it and cover it/chain it etc to reduce your chances of theft.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Re: Hello new to riding starting Tomorrow! Where can i overnight park?

Welcome!!

Hello, welcome! Have fun

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!

Answer to your questions (sort of...):

If bike thieves are willing to steal a Rukus, helmets, or even gloves, they will steal anything as its been pointed out in many threads. Best thing to do first off is make sure you have theft coverage no matter what if you're parking your bike outside (cause the cost of fire and theft would probably be the cost of a decent chain/lock anyways). Next would be to do what inferno said and get a chain if you want to prevent the noob thieves walking down the street from stealing it.

As for insurance, check the Insurance thread to get an idea of who to call as it is different for most people depending on the type of bike, location, coverage, age, and probably others.

Welcome -
    ......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)