Fighting equipment violations?

Thread: Fighting equipment violations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fighting equipment violations?

On Halloween I got 2 tickets, from a cop that apparently had nothing better to do then pull me over 30 seconds from my house.

I got a plate light ticket - my bad was a new bike at the time and had a eBay plate kit with no plate light, I promptly went out and got a light and
    installed it, kept the receipts.

I also got a " improper muffler" ticket - had a Yoshimura rs3 that was to loud for him

So it comes in at around 200 total, I was angry about the tickets ( cop said my bike was unsafe because of muffler and light, so made me tow the bike up the street and around the corner) so I requested a court date

I never got anything in the mail but called court and they said my date was April 5th.

This is the first time I've ever had to do this so I don't really know what I should do. If I lose do I have to pay more? Do I have any chance of getting off these ticket. I'm kind of nervous and unprepared for the whole situation.

Im insured with jevco, so to my understanding these tickets won't effect my insurance because they are equipment and not HTA/moving violations?
    Last edited by ThrottleThrow; 03-27-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

Re: Fighting equipment violations?

Show the prosecutor evidence that you have corrected the issues prior to the trial. It's too late for you to do this at any time prior to the court date. A lot of the time, they'll drop them.

i got the plate light and have the recipt, I sold the bike and my current bike has a baffle in Yosh, would that suffice as correcting the issue??

Why didn't you just walk the bike back if it was 30 secs away?
    The tickets shouldn't effect your insurance as they aren't moving violations but hopefully you get these issues fixed and you aren't convicted of these "offenses"

like a 30 second ride, it was about 15 minutes of walking, prob more if i was walking my bike up hill at 12am, i just got my buddy to come with his truck and saved a headache.

why does that matter anyways

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    The tickets shouldn't effect your insurance as they aren't moving violations but hopefully you get these issues fixed and you aren't convicted of these "offenses"
    Any ticket other than a parking ticket is a moving violation and counts against your insurance if convicted.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Sorry bud you are mistaken. Equipment violations don't effect my jevco insurance. Why would a plate light have anything to do with insurance it says nothing about my riding abilities. I am not a risk to insure because of a loud pipe.

Someone please confirm this for me, otherwise my broker is a retard and should be shot. And if I'm wrong I aplogize retro, but I am pretty sure about this