is the safety course worth the 500$$? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is the safety course worth the 500$$?

Re: is the safety course worth the 500$$?

Call your insurance agent and ask if they offer a discount for taking the course as some insurers will no longer offer a savings for taking the training.

Good luck.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    Call your insurance agent and ask if they offer a discount for taking the course as some insurers will no longer offer a savings for taking the training.

Good luck.
    I called around and none of the insurance companies gave a crap about rider course training.

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    I have grammar skills a bike and a job. That makes me a great catch in the female world doesn't it? Lol
    You're missing one, Punctuation. b!tches love punctuation. XD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."

I took the Sheridan course in Burlington. Most of the things that stick out in my head when I'm riding, are what they told us during our breaks. I do not recommend anyone without prior motorcycle experience to ride without first taking a course.

There are two points to the course, riding, and the other safety....
    I took the course, having ridden motocross for years... so not a lot learned there, as I was already very comfortable with the bike... that being said, I still picked up some riding skills!!!
    Secondly its safety... being aware of where you should be and more alert to the cagers and what they aren't aware is priceless...
    short term, could save money by not taking it... but that is narrow minded... in my opinion... take the course, and it could save you a hell of alot more.
    For the insurance implications... for me, this was not part of the equation. Insurance is a reactionary type coverage... take the course and help yourself avoid having to use insurance... besides the fact you have a deductable.... blah blah blah... no need to say more....
    enjoy the course... I wrang the snot out of the bikes, where else can you do that..... he he

how much do you value your life at? if its less than the $450 course fee, then by no means the course is worth that much

I was riding for about a month with my M1 before I passed the RTI course this past weekend (Easter Sunday.) I can tell you that I have a new sense of confidence on the road. I learned new skills like emergency swerving, emergency braking, and cornering that I don't think I could have picked up as quickly just riding on my own. They also corrected my riding position... now I know where my hands and feet should be in each situation. (It's not as simple as you think.)

Simply put - It was worth every penny - and I'll probably go back for my M2 exit just to polish up my skills once again.

I thought I could get by without the course too, but after having taken the course...Its totally worth it! Altho I was riding ok, the instructors watch very closely and got me out of a few bad habits. Things I still keep in mind when I'm on the road today.
    Just the other day I was heading to work going down the 401 with seemingly good traffic flow when I had to do an emergency braking stop to not rear end a car and go flying over it. Also my insurance company Meloche Monnex DID ask if I had the certificate for a small discount.

TAKE THE COURSE...might save your life one day.