Didn't have slips. . . :(

Thread: Didn't have slips. . . :(

Didn't have slips. . . :(

Got two tix for no slips.

Now that I have them, do I take them to the cop station, or to the same place I go to fight tickets?

Thanks folks,

Carmen
    Last edited by cbranje; 03-27-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Re: Didn't have slips. . . :(

Quote Originally Posted by cbranje View Post

Now that I have them, do I take them to the cop station, or two the same place I go to fight tickets?

Thanks folks,

Carmen
    I don't think you take them anywhere. You pay the ticket bc you didnt have them at the time of the offense. You can try fighting it but its an uphill battle.
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Now that I have them, do I take them to the cop station, or two the same place I go to fight tickets?

Thanks folks,

Carmen
    If the cop told you to take them to the police station then you do, If he didn't you can waste everyones time and try to fight them in court or as said just pay them.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Thanks folks,

Carmen
    Book a court date, and bring your slips with you when your trail comes up...Pay a visit to the crown before trail and explain you had them but forgot them at home....Most likely unless you get bad luck and get an *******, they will withdraw the tickets or at least reduce the fines...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 03-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Forgetting them at home is an innocent mistake. Fight it. Do not pay. Like what JohnnyP636 wrote explain what happened. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    If the cop told you to take them to the police station then you do, If he didn't you can waste everyones time and try to fight them in court or as said just pay them.
    Lame. Wasting the court's time and getting tickets tossed is time well spent.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    I don't think you take them anywhere. You pay the ticket bc you didnt have them at the time of the offense. You can try fighting it but its an uphill battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giti View Post
    Forgetting them at home is an innocent mistake. Fight it. Do not pay. Like what JohnnyP636 wrote explain what happened. All the best.
    If you didnt have slips at all before getting the ticket, then just pay it. If you did and just forgot them at home, fight it.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    If you didnt have slips at all before getting the ticket, then just pay it. If you did and just forgot them at home, fight it.
    Doesn't matter... law states that you're required to produce slips when asked. Even if you had them at home, you need to have them in your possession at the time of being pulled over.

Plea it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Azim View Post
    Even if you had them at home, you need to have them in your possession at the time of being pulled over.

Plea it down.
    True. BUT he didnt have them period, home or there, then theres no hope of pleaing it down.
    If he did have them at home then sometimes they will reconize that and go with a lesser penalty if not dropped.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

I got the exact same ticket..just take it to trial, bring the slip, and the prosecuter will withdraw the charges if they're in a good mood. Mine was withdrawn as soon as I showed the slip..My brother got the same ticket and they dropped it as well. Go a bit early, be polite.

yeah just keep in mind they aren't obligated to drop it

you're chances might be better if you schedule a First Attendance, they won't be as edgy vs. at trial

where conviction stats need to be maximized at all costs
    ______

i've seen people get tickets for producing temporary (printed) insurance slips, and they weren't dropped at pre-trial by the crown; needless to say they were convicted by the JP at trial and had to pay the fine

______

is the whole show license/registration/insurance at police station an urban myth? unless i pulled over a smokin' hottie i wouldn't want anyone else bothering me at the station or with staff sgt.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    ya because exercising your right as a Canadian citizen to have your day in court is a waste of time... Come on, Wake Up.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

If you had legal ownership, driver's license, and insurance at the time you can present them at time of first attendance, and hope that they will drop the charges. As has been stated there is no guarantee that they will do so, as you were apparently guilty of not providing them at the time you were stopped.

Or you can go the "Freeman" route and get convicted.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Got the exact same ticket. Take it to court and show that you actually had it but forgot it.
    Mine was dropped.
    I don't get why people are saying to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    I don't think you take them anywhere. You pay the ticket bc you didnt have them at the time of the offense.
    That's SUPER bad advice! That'd be two convictions against your insurance! If you've got a clean record the best your insurance company would do is hike your rate. If you already have one ticket they'll drop you like a bad habit!

Plead not guilty and BRING THE EXACT insurance slips you have right now to your court date (so keep them in a super safe place for a while!!). Remember, if your court date is a year from now your then current pink slips probably won't be the ones you have currently and won't be accepted as "proof of insurance at the time of the ticket"! You might be able to obtain a letter from your insurance company saying you were insured at the time, but recently I've seen them not accepting these

When your court date comes up look for the prosecutor outside of the court. Explain you were insured at the time, show them your slips, etc. Don't be late!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by 95teggy View Post
    I don't get why people are saying to pay it.
    Because some people are misinformed, lazy or have a guilt complex.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40