I work in Don Mills and come down Leslie/Don Mills Rd from Richmond Hill on my bike. It's nice to use the HOV lanes on Don Mills except of course for the Bus ruts at bus stops which I understand they are fixing this Spring/Summer

Going North back to Richmond Hill I enter Don Valley Parkway just North of Eglinton. At Sheppard on Hwy 404 there is an HOV lane. This section of Highway from Eglinton all the way up has got to be one of the most dangerous highways around with all the lane switching going on and I have seen more than my share of Bikers getting cut off including myself from cages.

So my question. I understand that there is a movement from an Organization to the Province to allow Motorcycles on the Highway HOV Lanes. Does anyone know how this is coming or who is spear heading it?

I have seen a lot of bikes use the Hwy 404 HOV Lanes with only themselves on their bikes. I have done it myself occasionally. I can tell you that the HOV lane is the safest way for a motorcyle to travel on Hwy 404 and I'm sure on other highways as well. And you actually feel safer.

Has anyone else here used the HOV lanes? Is there a general concensus that the OPP ignore Motorcycles? I have never seen one pulled over.