Newtonville Today

Thread: Newtonville Today

Newtonville Today

I went to see how Newtonville is for riding today and actually it wasn't to bad.Made one mistake and followed a trail down to the valley and ended up in muck up to my hubs,wont do that again bike gets pretty heavy with thick black mud on the wheels.But some other trails were perfect you just have to look out for marsh and steer clear.Of course the trails and track up top were really good the soil gave good traction.I like to go riding early so I got there around 9:00 and there was one guy there,when I left at 12:30 the place was crowded and vehicles parked on both sides of the road at the entrance.I drove my truck into close where the tracks are,not too many vehicles there as it was a little challenging to get thru all the deep whoops filled with water.All in all it was a good day to ride,next time Ill take some pictures so you guys can see the track and trails.Oh almost forgot there was the usual Quadtards there doing donuts in the mud,but they stayed mainly in the bog and played with their friends lol.
    Last edited by canuckwr250; 03-25-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    2010 KTM 300 XC W __________________March 22/11 Rest in peace Dad

Re: Newtonville Today

Quote Originally Posted by canuckwr250 View Post
    I went to see how Newtonville is for riding today and actually it wasn't to bad.Made one mistake and followed a trail down to the valley and ended up in muck up to my hubs,wont do that again bike gets pretty heavy with thick black mud on the wheels.But some other trails were perfect you just have to look out for marsh and steer clear.Of course the trails and track up top were really good the soil gave good traction.I like to go riding early so I got there around 9:00 and there was one guy there,when I left at 12:30 the place was crowded and vehicles parked on both sides of the road at the entrance.I drove my truck into close where the tracks are,not too many vehicles there as it was a little challenging to get thru all the deep whoops filled with water.All in all it was a good day to ride,next time Ill take some pictures so you guys can see the track and trails.Oh almost forgot there was the usual Quadtards there doing donuts in the mud,but they stayed mainly in the bog and played with their friends lol.
    That mud was wicked! Did you see the guys that wore hip waders and had a snorkel kit for their quad? The guys came out covered in mud top to bottom!

There are some cool trails through there where the atv's can't get to along the hills.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Where abouts is this? I'm in Norway for the rest of the week, but once the bike is finished I might be up for a rip if I'm in the area at the right time.

'08 Suzuki DR650E

'94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    That mud was wicked! Did you see the guys that wore hip waders and had a snorkel kit for their quad? The guys came out covered in mud top to bottom!

There are some cool trails through there where the atv's can't get to along the hills.
    Yeah I seen those guys.You mean the 12''wide trails on the side of the hills that if you go off line you go down 30ft lol. I also found some new trails which I dont recall riding a couple of years ago,some nice single track.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post

Wet logs are always a treat.

OK I think I saw you guys riding,there was about five or six of you guys looked like all on hondas starting out on the west side of the gas station.

OK I think I saw you guys riding,there was about five or six of you guys looked like all on hondas starting out on the west side of the gas station.
    Yeah, that would have been us.

'08 Suzuki DR650E

'94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)

those quad guys, were from atvcanada.ca and mudhole.ca

Quote Originally Posted by sighless View Post
    those quad guys, were from atvcanada.ca and mudhole.ca
    Yeah donuts and mud play is a typical behavior for quads for some reason,there were some really nice trails ruined by deep ruts because the quads cant stop playing in mud.

I HATE quads with a passion.
    Go to the track and they mess up the ruts in the corners, make them too square to ride the front wheel through the berm properly, they tend to take really weird lines when you try to get around them, and they take up too much space. Colliding with one would really, really suck, much different than running in to another bike.

But, I guess when you're on a couch, what else are you gonna do but play in the mud and do circles that my grandma could do.

Last edited by rmemedic; 04-15-2012 at 05:56 PM.

not everyone on quads are digging up the trails and leaving ruts everywhere.. if im playing in mud on my quad its not directly on a trails if off the beaten path in a thick sticky mudhole... its mostly the 4x4 guys, with lifts and 30" tires who are digging ruts that are knee deep.

not everyone on quads are digging up the trails and leaving ruts everywhere.. if im playing in mud on my quad its not directly on a trails if off the beaten path in a thick sticky mudhole... its mostly the 4x4 guys, with lifts and 30" tires who are digging ruts that are knee deep.
    Yup I have seen your vids and it looks like you take care on the trails.

you guys should head down to the beach, the land that runs parallel to the beach is rutted really bad, i cant get my raptor through it.. but a bike wouldnt have any issue.. plus if go on the sand, its a really nice cruise.. and you can go pretty much forever.. even right in behind the power plant.. its nice when the water is really calm.. lots of sand..

Is there a trail to go there or do you have to use a road?Never knew there were trails there.

all trail.. but you have to cross the paved road, to the south..

take the second right from the entrance. when your heading into the area. (not the road, the second one is a trail) follow this till you come to a clearing.. take the trail to the left... follow this trail for a minute or two and youll find a trail heading south towards the lake, it goes down a hill to the train tracks.. cross the tracks at the worn trail.. follow that trail to the paved road.. cross the paved road on the trail and keep following it, it will run parallel to a farmers field and take you straight down the beach and more trails.. although these trails are by far way worse condition than any other trails in the area as far as ruts go.. but you dont need to go on the trail there, you can just go onto the sand and ride the beach.

i have a video on youtube of the beach but i think i took the road that day but you'll get the idea of how to get there.. atleast from the road to the beach.

well i guess i didnt post me riding to the beach yet.. but here's some riding on the beach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZgNO...rE8NCFWzLSE%3D

well i guess i didnt post me riding to the beach yet.. but here's some riding on the beach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZgNO...rE8NCFWzLSE%3D
    That looks pretty sweet! We should organize a GTAM day at Newtonville someday soon, but we need an experienced tour-guide like you to show us the good spots!
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Quote Originally Posted by Xhumeka View Post
    That looks pretty sweet! We should organize a GTAM day at Newtonville someday soon, but we need an experienced tour-guide like you to show us the good spots!
    Would love to.. i need to figure out how to get across the railroad tracks without getting stuck on them though so i can get to the beach without taking the road..

ive tried a few times now, and i keep getting my quad stuck on them, and i get nervous about a train coming..