The Motorcycle Wave...Are there rules? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Motorcycle Wave...Are there rules?

Re: The Motorcycle Wave...Are there rules?

I wave to all motorcycle riders and even Scooter riders. 99% wave back.
    2000 Ninja 500R

Quote Originally Posted by RedDogDarren View Post
    So you wave to every bicycle rider you see?
    why not? im a friendly girl
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out the window!!

i knew a friendly girl once
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Red face Re: The Motorcycle Wave...Are there rules?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ninja View Post
    I wave to all motorcycle riders and even Scooter riders. 99% wave back.
    Ah, but do you wave to OPP bikes as well? I always wave at them just to see the reaction. I would say I've received a wave back 60-70% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scob View Post
    Ah, but do you wave to OPP bikes as well? I always wave at them just to see the reaction. I would say I've received a wave back 60-70% of the time.

That's my experience too.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymurr View Post
    Sport bikes wave at absolutely everyone.
    Cruisers wave at other cruisers and sometimes sport bikes.
    Harley's don't wave at anyone.
    My experience has been that sport bikes wave to almost everybody. Cruisers wave at other cruisers and Harleys. My husband rides a Harley and I ride a sport bike and we find that Harley riders will wave to him only if he is way ahead of me and they don't realize he is riding with me (Not often that he is way ahead of me LOL). If we are riding side by side, no way will a Harley wave. It is actually quite comical and ridiculous. I don't bother waving to Harleys but if I see a sport bike I make a point to wave to them especially if I'm riding with my husband. Just to prove a point that sport bike riders are not as petty as Harley riders. He gets razzed all the time (from Harley riders) for me being on a sport bike instead of a Harley. If I wave and don't get one back my feelings aren't hurt, sometimes people are paying attention to the road and all the idiots in cars, and not some other rider waving. Just enjoy your ride and stay safe.
    Ride it like you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by cycling View Post
    Do I need to take out my Winter air and replace it with Summer air.Should I do both tires or just one? OK on the wash, I run the bike through the car wash sitting on the bike. How do I make the wheels go round? Do I need to shave every day so pretty girls will chat me up and what do you recommend for shaving cream? What sort of boots are comfortable? Please help me and can somebody tell what is this thing called "Google" Please call me on my cell 1 800 I Need Help.
    Yes you need to shave. Girls like clean shaven men.

Anyone notice that when you wave to a scooter, you get a deer in the headlights look in return? It just kind of catches them off guard and they don't know what to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 600f4ilover View Post
    why not? im a friendly girl
    Wow a friendly girl and on a great bike! I'm a friendly girl and I ride a 600f4i as well. And like your profile says "Girls on sport bikes really do have more fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    Wow a friendly girl and on a great bike! I'm a friendly girl and I ride a 600f4i as well. And like your profile says "Girls on sport bikes really do have more fun!"
    LOL
    Some of the guys do when we aren't posing at the coffee shop.
    It's understanding that makes it possible for a person such as myself to tolerate a person like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigz View Post
    Anyone notice that when you wave to a scooter, you get a deer in the headlights look in return? It just kind of catches them off guard and they don't know what to do about it.
    Try riding one of those things over 15kmh...the slightest lack of balance can send them spinning out of control..they got frickin shopping cart wheels on them!!
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

My experience has been that sport bikes wave to almost everybody. Cruisers wave at other cruisers and Harleys. My husband rides a Harley and I ride a sport bike and we find that Harley riders will wave to him only if he is way ahead of me and they don't realize he is riding with me (Not often that he is way ahead of me LOL). If we are riding side by side, no way will a Harley wave. It is actually quite comical and ridiculous. I don't bother waving to Harleys but if I see a sport bike I make a point to wave to them especially if I'm riding with my husband. Just to prove a point that sport bike riders are not as petty as Harley riders. He gets razzed all the time (from Harley riders) for me being on a sport bike instead of a Harley. If I wave and don't get one back my feelings aren't hurt, sometimes people are paying attention to the road and all the idiots in cars, and not some other rider waving. Just enjoy your ride and stay safe.

Most of my friends that ride have Harleys. I find it amusing when I ride with them that other Harleys don't know how to wave at them but somehow exclude me in their wave.

And even Harleys will wave at my wife on her sport bike. But then she's curvy and purty and they tend to twist around in their saddles and try to check out her rear and then nearly lose it into the oncoming traffic. I find it pretty funny.

I do fine the whole wave thing tedious at times. I don't mind waving to the occasional bike but waving every 2 seconds is annoying. I still do it though - ingrained habit.

I really don't get the "brotherhood" thing though. Most bikers I've met are not people I want to be friends with. Many are complete arseholes. I choose my friends for far more meaningful reasons than a similar interest in motorized transport. I usually help out other bikers in trouble and I don't mind sharing a brief wave or a short chat outside the restaurant but don't pull alongside me and ride like we're good buddies. That's very annoying. I ride because I love it, not to meet new friends.
    2010 BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Most of my friends that ride have Harleys. I find it amusing when I ride with them that other Harleys don't know how to wave at them but somehow exclude me in their wave.

And even Harleys will wave at my wife on her sport bike. But then she's curvy and purty and they tend to twist around in their saddles and try to check out her rear and then nearly lose it into the oncoming traffic. I find it pretty funny.

I do fine the whole wave thing tedious at times. I don't mind waving to the occasional bike but waving every 2 seconds is annoying. I still do it though - ingrained habit.

I really don't get the "brotherhood" thing though. Most bikers I've met are not people I want to be friends with. Many are complete arseholes. I choose my friends for far more meaningful reasons than a similar interest in motorized transport. I usually help out other bikers in trouble and I don't mind sharing a brief wave or a short chat outside the restaurant but don't pull alongside me and ride like we're good buddies. That's very annoying. I ride because I love it, not to meet new friends.
    Beemer riders are so angry.
    It's understanding that makes it possible for a person such as myself to tolerate a person like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scob View Post
    Actually I do too. They either wave or nod back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2000 Ninja 500R

Guys pretty sure its an HTA 172 offence not to wave..
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

Quote Originally Posted by Two50noob View Post
    Guys pretty sure its an HTA 172 offence not to wave..
    **wave**

- Randy

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    i knew a friendly girl once
    looooooooooooooooool
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

*waves*
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out the window!!

I was riding yesterday. Only riders who waved back were sport bike riders. The cruiser crowd are retards.

I beg to differ. I have rented really run down scooters in Cuba and I was able to ride with just one hand. Never wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Try riding one of those things over 15kmh...the slightest lack of balance can send them spinning out of control..they got frickin shopping cart wheels on them!!