CBR250R Dealer 2 Prices

Thread: CBR250R Dealer 2 Prices

CBR250R Dealer 2 Prices

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what's the best people have done for a new bike in terms of price negotiation. Looking to get the 11/12 Honda CBR250R as a beginner bike. I would love to buy a used one, but I dont see any for sale out there. It's 4,499 MSRP, using the online calculator at honda.ca you can get it for about 5k cash price.

Re: CBR250R Dealer 2 Prices

I just bought the 2011 for 5700 all in at Ready in Mississauga, with the asking price of 4499. Taxes, fees, 4 yr warranty for price of 2 years, 250 deposit match. Financed 1.9% over 2 years is 245 a month. Probably picking mine up later this week since weather has taken a turn for the worse and I still haven't arranged a parking spot yet in my building.

At this price point there's not much room to negotiate, you're talking +/-100 probably and the sales guy has a family to feed. Go talk to Ron over there, huge help.

I picked up a 2011 ABS in late Jan/early Feb for around $5650 OTD from Clarington Honda. Most of the price-drop was due to the Honda promos at the time ($250 dealer match, $100 loyalty discount, etc), but I did manage to get them to drop it another $100 off MSRP, but it took a lot of arguing (and they had made a miscalculation too, which I used as ammunition vs walking).

From what I've heard, these bikes don't have much of a markup due to being priced near the Ninja 250R -- I don't fully believe it, but with such a low MSRP it is true there isn't near as much padding as there is on larger/more expensive bikes (I can only imagine what they make 600RR or 1000RR in comparison).
    I am the Stig's father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roommate.

Bike: 2011 Honda CBR250R ABS - T-Rex Frame Sliders, Sato Spools, Tankslapper Film, TechSpec SS Tankpads, Fastpack Tail Bag
    Cage: 2006 Honda Accord V6 6spd Coupe - AEM V2, HFP Suspension, TL-S Sway, CT Shortshift, Partial Exhaust

I got mine for around $5250 all in with financing, extended warranty with towing, etc. I bought mine in the dead of 'winter' so maybe they let a bit more slide but I basically shopped around over the phone, and told them what I wanted to pay...Brampton came as close as I was going to get. With the $ I threw in from the 125 sale the finance (+$250 deposit)comes to $125/month.

beware of financing, because they might require you to have full insurance: liability, comp & collision

whereas if you own the bike you can get away with just liability or liability + comp

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    I just bought the 2011 for 5700 all in at Ready in Mississauga, with the asking price of 4499. Taxes, fees, 4 yr warranty for price of 2 years, 250 deposit match. Financed 1.9% over 2 years is 245 a month. Probably picking mine up later this week since weather has taken a turn for the worse and I still haven't arranged a parking spot yet in my building.

At this price point there's not much room to negotiate, you're talking +/-100 probably and the sales guy has a family to feed. Go talk to Ron over there, huge help.
    Cool i did the same, although i just took the free two year warranty. It came to around 5532.12, I was able to get the promo discount. Im goin straight cash. Spoke with Lorenzo... I am guessin Ron was the other dude, I kinda had a talk with both of em. I really hated that 150 document fee tho, total bs.
    Last edited by sri_dawg; 03-26-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Did you get a red one? I felt like I could have pushed harder if I went with red because he kept saying I got the last black one.

Quote Originally Posted by sri_dawg View Post
    Cool i did the same, although i just took the free two year warranty. It came to around 5532.12, I was able to get the promo discount. Im goin straight cash. Spoke with Lorenzo... I am guessin Ron was the other dude, I kinda had a talk with both of em. I really hated that 150 document fee tho, total bs.

Well I didnt get the extended warranty like you did, but as for the last black. When I was there he said there was one red and black left. I took the red cos of better visibility but he kinda had me up against a wall, if those were the last two and they are selling like hotcakes cos of the promo its hard to walk out. I would have done that during the winter. He told me if I had come earlier I could have negotiated another $150 off.

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    Did you get a red one? I felt like I could have pushed harder if I went with red because he kept saying I got the last black one.

$4360 Including all fees and taxes. A complete steal for this bike.

It was a massive promo deal during the December bike show.
    Picked it up from Brampton Powersports.... But the discount came from Honda Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner View Post
    $4360 Including all fees and taxes. A complete steal for this bike.

It was a massive promo deal during the December bike show.
    Picked it up from Brampton Powersports.... But the discount came from Honda Canada.
    probably wont be able to get it still at your price eh
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    probably wont be able to get it still at your price eh
    Unfortunately not. Honda Canada allotted a certain number of bikes for the promo. I was lucky... I failed to purchase it at the show, but called BPS the next day. They were kind enough to call the Honda rep and secure the deal. (But still got hammered with freight and pdi.)

Wow, I feel smart. Too bad I couldnt buy it last year, snooze you lose I guess. So you paid ~4400 all in?

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner View Post
    Unfortunately not. Honda Canada allotted a certain number of bikes for the promo. I was lucky... I failed to purchase it at the show, but called BPS the next day. They were kind enough to call the Honda rep and secure the deal. (But still got hammered with freight and pdi.)

Quote Originally Posted by sri_dawg View Post
    So you paid ~4400 all in?
    Yep. All in.
    And I'm realizing now that I really lucked out.
    I guess that's what can happen when you buy a bike while everyone else is worrying about Christmas.