RS-Taichi GP-EVO gloves review

Thread: RS-Taichi GP-EVO gloves review

RS-Taichi GP-EVO gloves review

Hey GTA Moto!

Just doing a quick review of my brand new RS-Taichi GP-EVO gloves that I purchased from www.motostarz.ca . Canadian prices comparable to US pricing. They have a US and a Canadian site, so make sure you’re on the Canadian if ordering anything.

First I would like to thank motostarz.ca for their excellent customer service. Jack was amazing at quickly answering all my questions. The shipping was fast and easy with reasonable pricing. Tracking number provided as well, which is pretty standard these days.

As for the gloves, you can find detailed technical review of the GP-EVO by a simple search in google. What I want to touch on is the sizing, which is the most important part of the overall fit. I tried these gloves on in Indianapolis last summer and fell in love with the fit and quality. Much better than my last pair or Alpinestars GP-Pro.

I got the GP-Evo’s in Large. I wear LARGE in Alpinestars GP-Pro and other AStar models, MEDIUM in Teknic and Icon for comparison.

My hand measurements:
    9cm - Across the widest part of the palm
    19.5cm - From middle finger to the first wrinkle on my writs (or the beginning of the wrist)
    21cm – all around the widest part of the palm/knuckles

Like I said, I got these in large and the fit is perfect!

A lot of reviewers advise to go a size larger, but I will say these fit pretty much the same as any Alpinestars glove I have tried. So if you wear a Large in Alpinestars, I would go with large and NOT extra large in the GP-Evo. But then again, everyone is different. Just sharing my experience.

Here are a couple of pics:

Thanks for reading and ride safe!
    Last edited by OneTwo; 03-23-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Re: RS-Taichi GP-EVO gloves review

RS-Taichi makes top quality gear!
    ~ Ducati Monster 696 ('09) - 15,000km+ [2010-now] ~
    ~ Kawasaki Ninja 250R ('09) - 6,300km [2009-2010] ~

If only you posted this thread earlier, I would have ordered my GMX Motion leather pants from them instead of ordering from the states, which took more than two weeks and I still haven't received them yet.
    I'm going to get all my taichi gear from this store from now on.
    Thanks for letting us know!

!! whoa thanks so much for posting this!! been searching forever for a RS dealer from canada. now i can actually order one!!

I really like the look of the gear but I don't have anywhere to try the stuff on and I have a difficult time finding jackets to fit me so I really can't order and take a chance. Are those prices good (what they charge for their A* gear I could get cheaper at GP Bikes)?
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale