Random track visits

Thread: Random track visits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Random track visits

I crashed on my 3rd trackday. 1st session ever in the advanced group, 2nd lap.. got a little too excited.

Replaced brake lever, straightened out brake pedal, back on the track and only missed half a session. That was back in the days when I rode almost every lap, every session!

Another option for the OP would be to try the Racer5 intro program to try out the track.

This way all you need to worry about bringing is a lunch and your gear (gear rental is avaliable as well) and none of the expense of damaging your street bike or buying a track bike.
    You get a dedicated pro licensed instructor to cater your learning experience and you get to do it on our race prepped CBR125s.
    The CBRs are a much more forgiving than larger cc motorcycles that most start off on and lead to much faster rider development.

The Stage1 course is being held at Mosport RDT, Grand Bend and TMP and would be a great way to get introduced to the track.
    Its also a great value, at $349.99 is about the same price as trailering your own bike, using your own fuel, tires, renting a trailer, etc!

http://www.racer5.ca/index.php?optio...d=77&Itemid=61

Another option.......

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.co...ool_intro.html

Some people like to use their own bike, as perhaps they would like to get to know it better with the comfort of riding it on a track. Risk of crashing? Sure. Thats the risk you take. Just like the street........its all in how hard you push., except on the track its safer.

Highly, highly recommmend taking some type of "intro to track" course before partaking of a proper track day.

Oh crap I just saw all the other posts! hmm... crashing is not something I thought about. (not this early anyhoo) I figured I have done okay on the street maybe that somewhat translates. But now since I am freaked out that I am going to do a faceplant on my first turn, I think I will think about at least doing an intro to trackdays course first.

Thanks for all the links to the beginner programs at all the various tracks, I will decide on one shortly.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Food for thought, i did a track day at Mosport with my own street bike a few years ago.

I decided i wanted to take a closer look at all the pretty grass at turn 2, needless to say i needed a new bike after the excursion. It wasn't too bad for me my bike was old and didn't owe me anything, but if it was a newer bike that i crashed it could have been a $7000-$10,000 track day.