Girl Blindly Running Through an Intersection! - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl Blindly Running Through an Intersection!

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    She's breaking the law and so is he, with video evidence to back it up...50/50
    Take away the video and ya, she's a fault.
    If it could be proven after the fact. Chances are headlines would be "motorcyclist runs over pedestrian"

Ps - I hate Toronto pedestrians - always crossing the road expecting cars to stop without looking. Pedestrians have an onus to look out for themselves.

Re: Girl Blindly Running Through an Intersection!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeeDemoN View Post
    It doesn't matter if he was doing 20, 50, 70 or 100. He had the green.

100% her fault.
    Wow, someone is really sure of himself LOL. Are you an accident investigator by any chance? Oh, wait, you are a speed demon!! Whenever you speeeeed, you are invincible and everyone else is at fault. The girl was obviously dumb as a nail head, but it wouldn't be 100% her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Wow, someone is really sure of himself LOL. Are you an accident investigator by any chance? Oh, wait, you are a speed demon!! Whenever you speeeeed, you are invincible and everyone else is at fault. The girl was obviously dumb as a nail head, but it wouldn't be 100% her fault.
    Come on man seriously? Lol. Don't use my screen name for anything other than what it is. A screen name.

Now if he did hit her, I don't think he would actually show the cop video of him ripping through the intersection. It would be left to the cops' decision and for witnesses to say that he he had the green. Guarantee she's found to be at fault.

The damage he would do to her at 70 wouldn't be much different than if he was doing 50 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeeDemoN View Post
    Come on man seriously? Lol. Don't use my screen name for anything other than what it is. A screen name.

Now if he did hit her, I don't think he would actually show the cop video of him ripping through the intersection. It would be left to the cops' decision and for witnesses to say that he he had the green. Guarantee she's found to be at fault.

The damage he would do to her at 70 wouldn't be much different than if he was doing 50 anyway.
    140. (1) Subject to subsection (2), when a pedestrian or a person in a wheelchair crossing a roadway within a pedestrian crossover, (a) is upon the half of the roadway upon which a vehicle or street car is travelling; or
    (b) is upon half of the roadway and is approaching the other half of the roadway on which a vehicle or street car is approaching so closely to the pedestrian crossover as to endanger him or her,
    the driver of the vehicle or street car shall yield the right of way to the pedestrian or a person in a wheelchair by slowing down or stopping if necessary. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 140 (1).

Well that takes care of your statement.

Not saying its completely your fault OP as the girl was a dumb***.

It looks like you had more than enough time to see her and slow down...
    Why didn't you?

Not sure if you took a riding course or not, but I was taught to look as far ahead and scan the road for anything that might happen.
    As dumb as the girl is, I think you could of easily neutralized the situation had you actually slowed down.
    Last edited by 2live&ride; 03-22-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Mina

My observation,

The car making the left hand turn was providing a blind spot for the pedestrian. She saw a clear way and ran for it hence she not noticing the bike until very last minute. In her mind there was no cars coming. Not a bike.

I think she shat her pants if you ask me. Can you imagine realizing you're about to be smoked by a bike!!

Glad the rider maneuvered out of the way instead of grabbing fist full of break. It could have been a lot worst.

Shoulda smacked her buttocks as you went by.
    Last edited by boooya; 03-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Op, don't take this the wrong way but slow the f' down. Looks like that is the University area and you have to expect students constantly running against traffic (you can actually see many people jaywalking). Fault or not, as motorcyclist we need to be more aware of our surroundings and I would be going below the speed limit constantly scanning.

On the plus side good job on saving the bike and not focusing on the pedestrian, target fixation would of made this a lot worse.
    Current - '08 T-rex (soon to be T-rex-T)
    Current - '02 Suzuki Hayabusa-T

Ex' - '88 - Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '01 - Suzuki Gixxer 1000
    Ex' - '89 - Honda CB-1
    Ex' - '02 Yamaha R6
    Ex' - '91 Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '98 Suzuki GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by silvrsurfr View Post
    My observation,

The car making the left hand turn was providing a blind spot for the pedestrian. She saw a clear way and ran for it hence she not noticing the bike until very last minute. In her mind there was no cars coming. Not a bike.

I think she shat her pants if you ask me. Can you imagine realizing you're about to be smoked by a bike!!

Glad the rider maneuvered out of the way instead of grabbing fist full of break. It could have been a lot worst.
    I saw it differently. The cab, who I don't think was making a left turn, hit the brakes seeing the pedestrian crossing.

I could be wrong, but when I have a vehicle hit the brakes anywhere near me, I slow the hell down as maybe they've seen something I haven't.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Loud pipes save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    the question that should be asked is not whether the light was green for you when you hit her, its what the light was when she started crossing.

From looking at other pedestrians, it looks like the light just turned green. You should be looking before proceeding.
    Just to be clear, the light was green for more than 5 seconds. It's difficult to see on the youtube-quality video, but there's a clear green light before I passed the parked car.

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    It looks like you had more than enough time to see her and slow down...
    Why didn't you?

Not sure if you took a riding course or not, but I was taught to look as far ahead and scan the road for anything that might happen.
    As dumb as the girl is, I think you could of easily neutralized the situation had you actually slowed down.
    There wasn't nearly enough time to stop. If you take a look at the video again, you'll notice the girl comes into view as I begin to enter the intersection. My instant reaction was to try my best to avoid hitting that pink blob as I was slowing down, and thankfully it paid off. If I didn't bother swerving slightly to the right, she would've been toast!

As for looking far ahead and scanning the road, I completely agree - that's a key method to help staying safe on the road, and what I try to do at all times. You might not have noticed, but as I was scanning the road before entering the intersection, I was also observing the pedestrian on the right (black t-shirt with skateboard) who was just about to cross the road while looking in the other direction.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that things happen a lot quicker when you're in the moment, compared to watching it on video. You really have no choice but to depend on your instinct reactions.

I'm happy to say that at the end of the day, my bike was unharmed with (what looks like) less than an inch worth of space
    Last edited by UltrA_09; 03-22-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Car2Slo View Post
    Op, don't take this the wrong way but slow the f' down. Looks like that is the University area and you have to expect students constantly running against traffic (you can actually see many people jaywalking). Fault or not, as motorcyclist we need to be more aware of our surroundings and I would be going below the speed limit constantly scanning.

On the plus side good job on saving the bike and not focusing on the pedestrian, target fixation would of made this a lot worse.

I don't know about the rest of you pervs out there but I tend to ride much slower in hot chick zones such as Shopping Malls and Universities
    New to me for 2012.

So close you probably got her pregnant!

Quote Originally Posted by UltrA_09 View Post
    I guess it's also worth mentioning that things happen a lot quicker when you're in the moment, compared to watching it on video. You really have no choice but to depend on your instinct reactions.

I'm happy to say that at the end of the day, my bike was unharmed
    Super easy to play armchair quarterback. Thanks for sharing the vid, I like that you included the immediate stop and pause after the incident - can only imagine what was going through your head at that moment.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by UltrA_09 View Post
    Just to be clear, the light was green for more than 5 seconds.
    thats not how I see the vid. At the end of the day, you did a lot of things that are unsafe and unwise, you can choose to learn a lesson from this or not. Doesn't matter to me.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

LOL love the 25% speed replay... ooOOoOoOoohh HoOOOLLYYY SHEEEEIIIIITTTT!
    I like how you stayed calm, successfully dodged her and then stopped to say 'holy *****'. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    thats not how I see the vid. At the end of the day, you did a lot of things that are unsafe and unwise, you can choose to learn a lesson from this or not. Doesn't matter to me.
    Are you watching the same video? The light is clearly green for a while.

nice buddy..all of us can choose to learn from this; newbie and pro alike.... life throws curve balls at us all the time.. its not how fast we fall but how fast we get back up that matters... ultra we have to meet up again bro, i see you got a new bike, be careful i say that was luck on your side...

OBSERVE, ADOPT, ADAPT.
    Last edited by shahfaisal; 03-22-2012 at 11:34 PM.

at actual speed, we can see you are driving too fast, maybe trying to look cool

at 50% speed, we can see that you are driving too fast, and not looking cool

at 25% speed, we can definately see that you are driving too fast, and not even looking.

might i suggest changing the title of your video to " Motorcyclist almost gets sentenced for Vehicular manslaughter and escapes an *** -raping from Bubba "

My question is who pooped first?