Girl Blindly Running Through an Intersection!

Thread: Girl Blindly Running Through an Intersection!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Girl Blindly Running Through an Intersection!

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    This is just the type of attitude that drives me mad. What is it you're trying to say with that kind of comment? The only thing I get out of it is "I pay taxes so I own the street".

Like when I drive with people who complain about Sunday morning parades or sporting/cultural events because they can't get to the pub as quickly as they have done on every other Sunday for their whole lives. WTF? Never mind the opportunity to experience something different, or the potential net benefit to the city, or the desire to build something world class (as in the city or the event itself). It's always about me me me.

I pay taxes in Toronto and I've had the marathon run right down my street but that wasn't frustrating (I actually enjoyed it). It's narrow mindedness that's frustrating. Not saying that's you, but that's how you're coming across.
    Hmmm, where do I begin? Isn't your argument using the same logic that frustrated you? You pay taxes in toronto and enjoyed a marathon so everyone else should just shut up and stop complaining? Isn't that the same selfish logic that you accuse me of?

The reason why you only hear "I pay taxes so I own the street" is probably because you don't hear very well and oversimplify everything.

You also have a tendency to make a lot of assumptions when making an argument.

I definitely don't think I own the roads because I pay taxes. However, I do think that everyone has the right to enter into their property with minimal restriction. I don't think that's too much to ask.

I think street festivals are fantastic. But they should be limited to avoid as much disruption to residents.

However, I do think that no matter how much I try to debate, you will be so closed minded that the best we can hope for is to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFaLoB View Post
    Hmmm, where do I begin? Isn't your argument using the same logic that frustrated you? You pay taxes in toronto and enjoyed a marathon so everyone else should just shut up and stop complaining? Isn't that the same selfish logic that you accuse me of?

The reason why you only hear "I pay taxes so I own the street" is probably because you don't hear very well and oversimplify everything.

You also have a tendency to make a lot of assumptions when making an argument.

I definitely don't think I own the roads because I pay taxes. However, I do think that everyone has the right to enter into their property with minimal restriction. I don't think that's too much to ask.

I think street festivals are fantastic. But they should be limited to avoid as much disruption to residents.

However, I do think that no matter how much I try to debate, you will be so closed minded that the best we can hope for is to agree to disagree.
    I wonder if you didn't just make an off-the-cuff complaint and I'm making it out to be more than what you intended because it happens to be a pet peeve of mine.

Anyways you seem like a rational a courteous poster so if you care to pursue this off-topic discussion, I've sent you a crushing PM
    There is no planet B.

Next clip will be at 0.000000001% speed.

The following video: In Planck-time speed.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.