.....or maam
    what she said

Re: Engine ice

Thanks what do you guys recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by padu View Post
    Thanks what do you guys recommend ?
    Water with water wetter.

Please try doing a search on the forums as questions like this have been asked a number of times.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

An alternative to water wetter that might be easier to find is Motul's MoCool. Anyone who carries Motul products should be able 2 get it (free plug for BlueStreak Racing...Tony has it in stock).

The key to your additive is that it must not contain elthelyene glycol or propeline glycol. I couldn't spell either properly if you put a gun to my head, but just avoid em and you're good.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600
    SOAR #46. Please don't hurt the FNG lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE View Post
    An alternative to water wetter that might be easier to find is Motul's MoCool. Anyone who carries Motul products should be able 2 get it (free plug for BlueStreak Racing...Tony has it in stock).

The key to your additive is that it must not contain elthelyene glycol or propeline glycol. I couldn't spell either properly if you put a gun to my head, but just avoid em and you're good.
    I heard you can't use mocool

Quote Originally Posted by padu View Post
    I heard you can't use mocool
    It's advertised as non-glycol based so it should be good.

I'm sure Ken or someone will be on eventually to clarify.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600
    SOAR #46. Please don't hurt the FNG lol

I've used Ice in two bikes for a whole season. Never got kicked out once, and did get called on it several times. I suppose it matters if the organizers know you and what your crash history is like... haha
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

You knew it wasn't allowed but did anyway? That's a lack of respect to your fellow riders and track day organizer.

Anyone know if this product is ok to use?
    http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...tid=9&loc=show
    Last edited by dricked; 03-23-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Whatever.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    I've used Ice in two bikes for a whole season. Never got kicked out once, and did get called on it several times. I suppose it matters if the organizers know you and what your crash history is like... haha
    Nice.

OP - just use water wetter, we'll appreciate it.
    Last edited by meme; 03-23-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Nice.
    He's a class act. I have him on ignore so would have missed this gem if you hadn't quoted it. I'm gonna assume that at Calabogie he doesn't run engine ice.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

You only have to crash once to mess up everyone else's day, or worse.

Or not. I'm not a real follower of rules I don't agree with and this is one of them... Ice is good enough for AMA but not for club racing? Please.

Have you seen what happens to Ice when it dries? It doesn't take long. It's dries like sugar, very tacky, and later turns to dust.

You people crack me up... you'll RACE around tar-snakes on the fastest corners and grass growing up between cracks in several very inconvenient (passing) places, on every lap, at Shannonville. But you're all butthurt and worried about a product that has been sanctioned by a major racing organization and is no more of a problem if it escapes on pavement than water is.
    Last edited by Shaman; 03-23-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Or not. I'm not a real follower of rules I don't agree with and this is one of them... Ice is good enough for AMA but not for club racing? Please.

Have you seen what happens to Ice when it dries? It doesn't take long. It's dries like sugar, very tacky, and later turns to dust.

You people crack me up... you'll RACE around tar-snakes on the fastest corners and grass growing up between cracks in several very inconvenient (passing) places, on every lap, at Shannonville. But you're all butthurt and worried about a product that has been sanctioned by a major racing organization and is no more of a problem if it escapes on pavement than water is.
    Relax. To my knowledge, the only TD organizer that specifically allows Engine Ice is Pro6. The others appear to be ambiguous, but it's common sense to find that out ahead of time. I would suspect they'd be o.k. with it. But I'm interested in knowing how you think you are getting away with something if it is actually ok with them but you didn't clear that up specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYZ View Post
    But I'm interested in knowing how you think you are getting away with something if it is actually ok with them but you didn't clear that up specifically?
    I'm not "getting away with it," when they ask I tell them I'm using Engine Ice. No tear were shed, no fist fights in the pits, no protracted arguments. Off I go on my track day. YOUR MILAGE MAY VARY.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

With the disclaimer that I have not tried it myself (because roadracing rulebook HERE says "no", regardless of what AMA says) - That described behaviour is not consistent with what I've been told by others (just as slippery as ethylene glycol) and it is not consistent with the MSDS for propylene glycol, which is the primary constituent of Engine Ice coolant as I understand it (clear viscous liquid with a boiling point of 188 C).

The AMA's position on this (which appears to have been copied by some other organizations) has to be reconciled with the manufacturer of Engine Ice having sponsored certain AMA roadracing classes in the past, and the AMA hasn't the greatest reputation for keeping safety and technical requirements and class structures independent of commercial considerations. "We'll sponsor a roadracing class for the year ... provided that you allow racers to use it (regardless of the rationale for originally not allowing its use)". That sort of thing.

In the other LONG thread about coolant use on the racetrack, John Bickle expressed his opinion about Engine Ice, and on matters of racetrack safety, I'll take him at his word.