Engine ice - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine ice

Re: Engine ice

Great, another engine ice thread that should have ended with the correct answer... water wetter. What kinda tires should I run?

I have a lot of respect for John Bickle. But what can I say, it's hard not to believe my lying eyes.

If you want to run Water Wetter, I wouldn't dream of trying to stop you or anyone else. I've run it for 6+ years myself. I just tire of the maintenance and the off-chance that I get an unexpected October deep-freeze that costs me something really expensive.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Do you leave your bikes outside completly exposed? It would take quite awhile for your bike to freeze in a garadge. Actually nothing froze in my garadge all winter but cool story anyway.

I leave them in my trailer, after taping up the air inlets and doing some other maintenance. Not much protection. Good for you that your garage doesn't get to freezing temps, I guess. Mine does, but it's too full of stuff for all my toys. *shrug*
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

I will make this VERY clear. At this time the ONLY thing legal in rads of SOAR bikes is water and water wetter. Anything that contains any form of gyycol is no allowed. I dont give a ???? what AMA allows. Until they pay my insurance premiums they have no say.Just because some run it doesnt make it right. If you are caught running anything other than water or water w/wetter at our events you will be sent home.
    If someone comes out with something that doesnt use glycol please let me know and we will change the rules.

Hell, I wouldn't go to TMP if they were handing out free track days with dancing girls, unlimited racing fuel, complimentary tires and roast beef sandwiches. No fear of seeing me in SOAR.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

A post in which the King of Kingston belittles others to make himself feel better?

I don't believe my lying eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    A post in which the King of Kingston belittles others to make himself feel better?

I don't believe my lying eyes.
    Does it make you feel better?

There's a real double standard here. Read back and see who said what to whom...
    Last edited by Shaman; 03-24-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Just a note, Pro6 does not allow Engine Ice either.
    I live vicariously through myself
    VnM Sportgear
    vnmsport.com

According to their web site they do.

lolz. classic gtam thread.

First off thanks to everyone for replying to the thread, I just want to say Im running water and redline water wetter, But i dont understand everyones comments as to another classic thread and not another engine ice thread, Clearly questions still dont have clear answers, so i dont see the problem with asking the questions, Im only saying this bc Im the one who started this thread, I was getting mix answers so I asked.

It's been beatin to death and always ends the same way. Do a search, should be 3 or 4 threads from the last year or so.

i just use tap water and have been doing it for 22 years..its cheap and the bike never gets above 81c

The AMA is not really fair to compare to Canadian tracks or organizers. The AMA's position is "you are the best riders" so you will do what is right.
    The AMA also races at the best tracks. Those tracks also have the best clean up crews. In Canada the clean up crews consist of the ,,,organizer. So SOAR,RACE they will do what is easiest for them.
    The AMA does not clean the track,,the track crew cleans the track. Those crews also use the best liquid absorbing products available as well as blowers. {yes there are different types of absorball] So the comparison is unfair. I had the pleasure of working with the Simple Green Crew at the Montreal Indy car race what we think we know in Canada and what works,,,pretty far apart.
    The good absorbing products are not bought at NAPA!
    Sure the pavement is the same. But Canadian tracks and Organizers run on much slimmer budgets. So not allowing it is the best way they can reduce track clean up costs. You may think it is okay but the reasons why it is not allowed are for reasons you are not considering. Go to a SOAR or RACE event,,, who cleans the track,,,, Ken and Chris,,,,or the track day organizer,, why make their day harder?
    Also if you ruin a track for your competitors in the AMA,, your life is not really great after for a long time,,just ask Chris Peris!
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Go to a SOAR or RACE event,,, who cleans the track,,,, Ken and Chris,,,,or the track day organizer,, why make their day harder?
    And the other riders.