What do you think of this quote from Statefarm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this quote from Statefarm

What do you think of this quote from Statefarm

Im turning 21 in july, have my full G and M2 since 2010, I have a 2011 250 ninja right now and paying $1965 a year. (liability only) Got a quote from Statefarm for a 2006 Yamaha r6 liability only $3516 a year. Doesnt sound tooooo bad considering my age and the bike right?? What are others in my age range paying for similar 600's and what company?

Thanks!

Re: What do you think of this quote from Statefarm

i got a similar quote from SF for a GSX-R 600; i was advised if i brought my car over, there would be about a 40% discount

and ofc bringing over: home/boat/life would reduce it even further

and living on a farm up north helps as well

________

to ride these bikes you're going to be screwed till your 25

when you turn 22-24 don't expect the SF rates to drop whatsoever

________

if your eligible for TD Meloche Monnex, their group rates might be competitive

Im looking at 292.00 a month (3504 a year) on a 2003 gsxr600 with statefarm. same age as you but i only had my m2 since last year.
    I got a better deal from john duffy for $3100 a year with $250 000 liability but they wanted the payment in full which i couldn't do.

got a quote from TD as well $11,000 LOL

try adding home and life insurance to your bike quote and see if it makes a difference.

when i lived in scarb, i paid $150 for my car, when i moved to newmarket it became $100.

my age is way above yours, at 35.....a 600 SS is $65-70, 1000 SS is $100.

i have home, car, life and bike with them.
    Simon Says "S T F U"

Waiting for that “Next Thing” means you’d never buy anything.
    **** @iPos3r

Quote Originally Posted by Poser View Post
    try adding home and life insurance to your bike quote and see if it makes a difference.

when i lived in scarb, i paid $150 for my car, when i moved to newmarket it became $100.

my age is way above yours, at 35.....a 600 SS is $65-70, 1000 SS is $100.

i have home, car, life and bike with them.
    The agent told me only way to get this lowered was to bring my car over, however i dont have one registered in my name sooo...... i also asked about switching my business insurance over and that way i can write off both policies as an expense!

Wow, and I am complaining about paying 1200-ish a year...

*Only* $3516?! Unless your parents are footing the bill or you've come into a lot of money, that a lot of money for most people who are still students at 21yo.

FYI, bringing your car to State Farm will lower your bike rate a lot, but bring your Life or Home to SF will do nothing for your bike rate. Life and Home insurance bundles only give you a discount on your Auto Insurance with SF.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    *Only* $3516?! Unless your parents are footing the bill or you've come into a lot of money, that a lot of money for most people who are still students at 21yo.

FYI, bringing your car to State Farm will lower your bike rate a lot, but bring your Life or Home to SF will do nothing for your bike rate. Life and Home insurance bundles only give you a discount on your Auto Insurance with SF.

LOL.....yeah it is alot of money but you know what they say if u wanna play u gotta pay. And im graduating next month and have been operating my own business (Ridgewood Homes PM me if u need any work done haha) for a couple years now soooo... im considering it as my graduation present to myself
    Last edited by joonuge; 03-23-2012 at 08:54 PM.

When I was 21 I was paying 900 a year for my hyosung 250r for full coverage that was with my G2 / M1 then M2

Now I am 23 with My G / M2 and was quoted 140 a month for full coverage on a 2005 R6

I have a spotless driving record thanks to my lawyer but do have 2 claims from my previous truck one for being hit in a parking lot when I was not in the truck and a second payout when the truck decided it was tired of heating my *** and the heated seat caught fire while driving.

State farm is always the cheapest for me... hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy_89 View Post
    When I was 21 I was paying 900 a year for my hyosung 250r for full coverage that was with my G2 / M1 then M2

Now I am 23 with My G / M2 and was quoted 140 a month for full coverage on a 2005 R6

I have a spotless driving record thanks to my lawyer but do have 2 claims from my previous truck one for being hit in a parking lot when I was not in the truck and a second payout when the truck decided it was tired of heating my *** and the heated seat caught fire while driving.

State farm is always the cheapest for me... hope that helps
    So SF gave you the A plan without even having your G or being over 25?
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

i've read about SF clients who've been insured since they were 16 getting Plan A rates on SS when they're 20-21

how does that work?

called sf today to see how much it will be if i bring my car over, $9000! for the year and i save $850 off my bike!!! whata steal literally!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joonuge View Post
    called sf today to see how much it will be if i bring my car over, $9000! for the year and i save $850 off my bike!!! whata steal literally!!!!
    Someone has a ticket or a accident on their record....
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Someone has a ticket or a accident on their record....

Thats what im thinking or the agent is making a mistake...
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

One minor speeding ticket in 2010 thats it......

in my oopinion, no such thing as a "minor speeding ticket" when it comes to insrance. as soon as they see a speeding ticket, thats the perfect excuse they were loooking for to charge more.

at least thats my experience with insurance.

- Sent from my Android using Tapatalk -

Quote Originally Posted by MR_ActionTime View Post
    in my oopinion, no such thing as a "minor speeding ticket" when it comes to insrance. as soon as they see a speeding ticket, thats the perfect excuse they were loooking for to charge more.

but most insurance companies wont count your first or second ticket

Quote Originally Posted by MR_ActionTime View Post

There is a difference between minor and major convictions. If you get a minor conviction, your rate will generally increase 0% to 10%. If you get a major conviction, you will REALLY notice is (25% to 50% increase).
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick State Farm View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm glad to see my name get tossed around on here by a few existing/new clients of mine, so thank you to them, it's very much appreciated. I'm State Farm Agent - Nick Stefanidis and I've been riding sport for 10+ years. I love the world of motorcycles and I'm always willing to help out any new and/or existing riders to the scene with their insurance inquiries so please feel free to give me a call: (Office) 416-604-6425 | nick@nickstefanidis.ca | www.nickstefanidis.ca
    Why doesn't the State Farm website allow Motorcycle quotes?? They only give Auto options.
    I was interested in getting a quote.