Insurance Help

Thread: Insurance Help

Insurance Help

Hey guys Im new to this website, so far its been really informative. But i still have some questions about which insurance company/broker to choose. So far it has been really diffuclt, due to my age and lack of experience, many places have shut me down, claiming that i dont meet the requirments. I litterally tried every where with no luck, so now im hoping you guys can help me out. I am 18 with just m1 getting my m2 in a month and half, i have a low cc bike, a honda cbr125, yes i know its really low, it was just to convince my mother that bikes are not death vehicles, but dont worry im gonna upgrade later on. I received my m1 last year but of course it expired so i got it again last month. this all the information that i can think of so far, can you guys give me links or refernces to inusrance places that covered you. Any adivce would be helpful. (P.S yes i have went to the insurance link on the main page, im still goign through them, but so far most are rejecting me)

There's a sticky in the insurance section. To dumb it down for you, get your m1, get your m2 using the motorcycle course, insure with jevco next year and you'll get reasonable rates. If you have the money to suck it the high ins on a cbr125 with jevco in your first year, by all means go ahead and proceed with that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Re: Insurance Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jatl13 View Post
    Hey guys Im new to this website, so far its been really informative. But i still have some questions about which insurance company/broker to choose. So far it has been really diffuclt, due to my age and lack of experience, many places have shut me down, claiming that i dont meet the requirments. I litterally tried every where with no luck, so now im hoping you guys can help me out. I am 18 with just m1 getting my m2 in a month and half, i have a low cc bike, a honda cbr125, yes i know its really low, it was just to convince my mother that bikes are not death vehicles, but dont worry im gonna upgrade later on. I received my m1 last year but of course it expired so i got it again last month. this all the information that i can think of so far, can you guys give me links or refernces to inusrance places that covered you. Any adivce would be helpful. (P.S yes i have went to the insurance link on the main page, im still goign through them, but so far most are rejecting me)

Here is a simple and sad answer, unless you are rich, you ARE NOT going to be riding this season.

I was in the same situation last year and i was 19, here are the qoutes i got (don't think it changed much this year anyways):
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...fuls-out-there

Quote Originally Posted by deejizzle View Post
    There's a sticky in the insurance section. To dumb it down for you, get your m1, get your m2 using the motorcycle course, insure with jevco next year and you'll get reasonable rates. If you have the money to suck it the high ins on a cbr125 with jevco in your first year, by all means go ahead and proceed with that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Jevco doesnt insure anyone with less than 1 year exp. Brokers that use Jevco that try to insure riders w/ less than 1 year exp just give you a quote with facility usually coming around $3500-$4000 on a cbr125

PLau, you are mistaken. Jevco does insure riders with less than one year. They insured me as a new rider. I was 54 at the time on a 1975 CB200 and both of those may have made the difference.

Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsay View Post
    PLau, you are mistaken. Jevco does insure riders with less than one year. They insured me as a new rider. I was 54 at the time on a 1975 CB200 and both of those may have made the difference.
    Sorry I was referring to this situation in age as I went through this last year when I first got my license at 19. I believe they insure people over 21 or 25 (cant remember) with less than 1 year experience.

Facility might be the only option until you get that one year under your belt - due to age as well. Also with Facility you have to make the whole payment up front in certified funds.
    Aleks Hara - Registered Insurance Broker
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

AHARA@CSIB.ORG
    T:416-798-8001 ext 311
    T:1-888-768-8001 ext 311
    F:905-264-5178

"Cornerstone - Your broker of choice - We make it simple!"