Dr.FX taillight

Thread: Dr.FX taillight

Dr.FX taillight

ok my bike has Dr.FX taillight on it and as far as i know i can set it different light combinations. does anyone know how to or is there a manual for it. i looked it up online but couldn't find anything. anyone can help ?

Re: Dr.FX taillight

You didn't indicate which bike you have, but you may have better luck with one of the bike-specific forums, such as 600rr.net.

I suspect the operations for the kit are all the same, so even if you find someone with a different bike, you should be able to figure things out for your bike.

I remember looking at picking up one of those taillights before the firm went out of business. You could input settings either through bike controls (levers and ignition) as well as via software as the later models had USB inputs.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

--DK

2005 Honda CBR 600 RR ( 2008- )
    2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i( 2007-2008 )

I have an r1 and as you said its set with both ignition and lever. Also it has switch for two different light combination for the taillight. I looked pretty much everywhere on the net and no luck so far. I got the bike with dr.fx on it and couple of weeks ago one of the light comibation stopped working. Thats why ive been trying to find a manual or someone who has dealt with installation before trying to locate the chip and figure out how to reset to whole thing. it might be a loose wire or something too but i rather know before playing with it.

Not sure if you came across this link, but perhaps this will help:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262016

--DK

Theres no chip or box with it. Its done thru the handlebar controls. It's been a while since I sold mine but if I remember right....

Turn the ignition off at the key. press left signal on, then turn key to ignition on. Squeeze front or rear brake 5 times within !0 seconds. Now u are set up to change patterns. To do so, squeeze the brake lever. Ever time u squeeze, the next pattern will flash. To set that pattern, either turn off front signal or turn off ignition....I cant remember.

now, that does your brake light pattern. to change other patterns, do the same but turn on right signal before igntion on(which does signal flash patterns)

It may be left signal does signal, right does brake, I cant remember...but that will get u started and u can play with it from there. It all has to do with setting a control on, then turning the ignition on and hitting the brake 5 times.

I finally got a chance to play with it. was able to change the patterns by having the left and right signal on and pressing brake but still one thing left to be changed. i used to have this pattern coming up as i turn on my ignition but nothing right now. any idea how to change that one. thanks