Did statefarm change their insurance rules?

Thread: Did statefarm change their insurance rules?

Did statefarm change their insurance rules?

Someone said they changed the 5 years minimum licensing to 6 years. is this true?
    My Rides:
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    Looking for a 125 or 250

Re: Did statefarm change their insurance rules?

it's still 5 years, for this season anyway

I've posted this in a couple of other threads, but it's relevant here. It's not a perfect tree yet (I made it quickly) but it should help:

I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I've posted this in a couple of other threads, but it's relevant here. It's not a perfect tree yet (I made it quickly) but it should help:

but 5 year peopel can still get SS bike insured from them right?
    My Rides:
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    Looking for a 125 or 250

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    but 5 year peopel can still get SS bike insured from them right?
    Yes, you'll just be placed in Plan B.
    Mina

interesting to see that state farm excludes an individual if they have had a criminal conviction.. firstly, im surprised the government allows that due to privacy as criminal record is not related to driving and secondly im surprised state farm is authorized to look at your criminal record, mto i can understand for obvious reasons but criminal record is far fetched..

unless the diagram above only relates to dangerous driving.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    interesting to see that state farm excludes an individual if they have had a criminal conviction.. firstly, im surprised the government allows that due to privacy as criminal record is not related to driving and secondly im surprised state farm is authorized to look at your criminal record, mto i can understand for obvious reasons but criminal record is far fetched..

unless the diagram above only relates to dangerous driving.
    By "Criminal Conviction" I am referring to criminal convictions related to your auto (such as DUI). We don't have access to any criminal convictions outside of your MTO report.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    By "Criminal Conviction" I am referring to criminal convictions related to your auto (such as DUI). We don't have access to any criminal convictions outside of your MTO report.
    is fraud (related to insurance) and public mischeif (false report for collision) part of MTO?
    My Rides:
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    Looking for a 125 or 250

is fraud (related to insurance) and public mischeif (false report for collision) part of MTO?
    Insurance fraud will be tracked internally somehow, and it can make it very difficult for you to find insurance in the future. I'm not sure about the mischief thing.

viffer when will the chart be finished?
    My Rides:
    2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
    Looking for a 125 or 250

viffer when will the chart be finished?
    It's pretty much done already, but I noticed I forgot a couple of nodes.

I also didn't flesh out the branches where you are insuring only a bike with State Farm. I put "Plan B" for these branches, but that is really the best-case scenario because you may not qualify for SF at all (for the reasons mentioned in the bike+car branches).