Suspended Drivers License 7 years ago

Thread: Suspended Drivers License 7 years ago

Suspended Drivers License 7 years ago

Hello All,

I had my Ontario car's DL(never had a bike DL) Suspended about 7 years ago... b4 anyone flames not bcus of a DUI but because I left Canada without paying the fines....

anyway I'll be moving to Quebec soon and want to know if I can get a Quebec MC licence?
    after living in asia for 7 years, I dont know how I can survive without a 2wheels
    thanks

Re: Suspended Drivers License 7 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by ao2tgo View Post
    Hello All,

I had my Ontario car's DL(never had a bike DL) Suspended about 7 years ago... b4 anyone flames not bcus of a DUI but because I left Canada without paying the fines....

anyway I'll be moving to Quebec soon and want to know if I can get a Quebec MC licence?
    after living in asia for 7 years, I dont know how I can survive without a 2wheels
    thanks
    Hope drivers in Quebec are better than the ones in Ontario, cause the ones in Asia are a lot better from my experiences.

After you pay off the fines, no problem. Call around and check on insurance, it won't be good news.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Hello All,

thanks
    Did you get your Ontario license reinstated?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    After you pay off the fines, no problem. Call around and check on insurance, it won't be good news.

-Jamie M.
    if the insurance is too high then i will have to stick to just off road...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Did you get your Ontario license reinstated?
    no, im still in asia atm...

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Hope drivers in Quebec are better than the ones in Ontario, cause the ones in Asia are a lot better from my experiences.
    where in asia bro?
    -Japan is very bad!
    -Thai, Cambodia, Indo - bigger mobil has the right to run u out of ur lane onto the shoulder when overtaking but at least the drivers are aware of two wheels and usually share the road

-two days ago, i was pulled over in bali, breaking 3 rules but after chatting to the cop for 15 minuets he let me go with a smile!! hehe for the first time i didnt have to give a cop any money! but then again I love my scooter

Interesting point I found out from an insurance company when I was applying for new insurance a year or two ago...while the ministry only punishes you for infractions for 3 years on your drivers abstract...the insurance bureau of Ontario keeps records forever. When you apply for insurance, and usually every year they pull a copy of your abstract and file it away in their computer system. This data is held in central storage at the insurance bureau of Ontario...indefinitely. All insurance companies in Ontario pull your info from this central database.

They can keep your drivers record for the rest of time and punish you by "not offering you discounts" etc. for the rest of your life based on something 10+ years old.

We need someone like the privacy commissioner or an equivalent to step in and order them to destroy records after a certain time frame!

ouch!

but my point is that i want to live out of ontario!.......while its a great place i dont think i can go back to it atm..........

i know in the past, my friend had a car registered in BC and in ONT he got a parking ticket a day n simply threw them out and had no problems with renewing his BC dl and etc......

Bylaw fines are only appliable to the province it was issued in.
    2006 Black Tribal Honda CBR600RR - Current
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F - SOLD
    1992 Kawasaki Ninja 500 - SOLD

2006 Acura TSX 6MT
    2002 Honda S2000