Statefarm?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Statefarm??

U must be over 25 if not who the hell were u talking to I want their number

Re: Statefarm??

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    SF asked me if i had G for 5 years(G1, G2 and G All come in this), Asked me what kind bike(Kawasaki 250 ninja). Minimum coverage 51$/ month. Didn't ask me for tickets, didn't ask me for the course or the kind of M i had.
    If SF didn't ask about your convictions, then they forgot. Convictions certainly matter with SF, and they will certainly pull your MVR and have knowledge of all your convictions before they would ever agree to write your policy. State Farm is pretty harsh on minor convictions, and they already start surcharging with the first minor.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I just got off the phone w/ a statefarm agent...quoted me $153/month liability/theft only...$165 with collision...

I'm 28, have had my full G since 2004, full M licensed, no at fault accidents(rear ended last september)...

why so much? lol $1836-$1980/yr...this is for a 2005 ninja 636...

previously i had a 2002 zx-6r and it was $75/month...
    '05 ZX636

Quote Originally Posted by Noobierider View Post
    I'm paying 115$ a month on my 600cc with SF. Over 25, no tickets and 6+ years with a G. No other company could come close. However it would be 40% cheaper if I brought my car to them.
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying that. I have my car, house, and bike with statefarm... and there were no discounts for adding a bike because it's considered a 'recreational' vehicle. So, no multi-line discount and no multi-car discount. In addition, even if there WERE a discount, it certainly wouldn't be 40%. 10% at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying that. I have my car, house, and bike with statefarm... and there were no discounts for adding a bike because it's considered a 'recreational' vehicle. So, no multi-line discount and no multi-car discount. In addition, even if there WERE a discount, it certainly wouldn't be 40%. 10% at best.
    You are completely wrong with this info.
    I have 2 quotes sitting beside me right now

without my truck - 600SS = $118.18/month
    with my truck - 600SS = $71.19/month

That equals a 40% discount.

Also I have renters insurance for $17/month which also equals a $20/month discount on my truck policy.

I would get in touch with your insurance company and see whats going on, Or you could have a bad record and not getting any discounts for that reason.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

same as jeffjones, 2 cars, house, an 08 CBR 1k is $90/month, if I didn't have other vehicles/house they quoted me +40%
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

New rider here. Here's what I was quoted:

Bike only:

2009 Suzuki GS500F - $5525.29 annually or $460.44/m
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r - $2404.15 annually or $200.35/m

With Qualifying Auto policy:

2009 Suzuki GS500F - $2124.71 annually or $177.06/m
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r - $964.33 annually or $80.36/m

Mind you I live in Brampton so IMO that seems about right. Currently awaiting for a reply to see how much they quote me for my car.

Also, even without the added car, SF was still quoting me cheaper than Jevco on a Ninja 250. Jevco wanted $3750/yr. So right now, I think I'll be going with SF, whether it's the 250 or GS500F will depend on the quote they give me for the car.

Quote Originally Posted by AGMZ View Post
    New rider here. Here's what I was quoted:

Bike only:

2009 Suzuki GS500F - $5525.29 annually or $460.44/m
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r - $2404.15 annually or $200.35/m

With Qualifying Auto policy:

2009 Suzuki GS500F - $2124.71 annually or $177.06/m
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r - $964.33 annually or $80.36/m

Mind you I live in Brampton so IMO that seems about right. Currently awaiting for a reply to see how much they quote me for my car.

Also, even without the added car, SF was still quoting me cheaper than Jevco on a Ninja 250. Jevco wanted $3750/yr. So right now, I think I'll be going with SF, whether it's the 250 or GS500F will depend on the quote they give me for the car.
    Only thing with SF's auto policies is you have to have a clean record or they charge you up the ***.
    I had a 15 over ticket when I first was going to switch and they wanted double compared to if I had a clean record, So I had to wait the month till it came off.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    You are completely wrong with this info.
    I have 2 quotes sitting beside me right now

without my truck - 600SS = $118.18/month
    with my truck - 600SS = $71.19/month

That equals a 40% discount.

Also I have renters insurance for $17/month which also equals a $20/month discount on my truck policy.

I would get in touch with your insurance company and see whats going on, Or you could have a bad record and not getting any discounts for that reason.
    I'm not 'completely wrong' on the info I gave; it's true for my situation. I've had my house and cars with SF for years... I added a bike this year and received no additional discounts. I already had a multi-line and multi-car discount going on but I DID ask while I was there last week if my bike would have garnered me anything additional and was told that it wouldn't.

Having said that, I'm sure if all that I had was a bike with SF and I added a car or house, something would change. Frankly, I'm surprised by the fact that your quotes are so varied... but I believe you. I'm sure they'd make up the difference by charging you out the *** for the truck

I'm sure they'd make up the difference by charging you out the *** for the truck
    $5 more then my previous insurer and 2nd lowest I got quoted out of 6 insurance companies. But given it lowers my motorcycle premium $50/month it became the cheapest by $45/month.

Either your insurance is over-charging you by not giving you a discount on your bike or they already discounted you on your motorcycle premium and thought you were asking if your other premiums would go down.
    I would call and get a stand alone motorcycle quote and I bet it would be about 40% higher then what you are paying right now.
    2001 CBR F4i

I'm not 'completely wrong' on the info I gave; it's true for my situation. I've had my house and cars with SF for years... I added a bike this year and received no additional discounts. I already had a multi-line and multi-car discount going on but I DID ask while I was there last week if my bike would have garnered me anything additional and was told that it wouldn't.

Having said that, I'm sure if all that I had was a bike with SF and I added a car or house, something would change. Frankly, I'm surprised by the fact that your quotes are so varied... but I believe you. I'm sure they'd make up the difference by charging you out the *** for the truck
    I think you are misunderstanding your agent and/or your agent isn't explaining very well. Adding a bike to your policy will NOT result in a discount to your car or home. The discount applies to your BIKE if you also insure a car. Put simply, these are the discounts available to you:

BIKE MULTI-PRODUCT DISCOUNTS:
    - If you have a car with SF, you will save about 40% on the BIKE policy premium

AUTO MULTI-PRODUCT DISCOUNTS:
    - If you have a Home policy with SF, you will save on your AUTO policy premium (multi-product discount)
    - If you have a Life policy with SF, you will save on your AUTO policy premium (multi-product discount)
    - If you have a second Auto policy with SF, you will save on your AUTO policy premium (multi-vehicle discount)
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I am a new rider, i just got a quote from SF a few weeks ago, going in to sign papers tomorrow.
    Mind you I am an M1 holder (M2 come June 6) and am 24yr old female, with a 250r ninja (Full G for over 6 years)
    she quoted me 67/mo till i turn 25, then once i turn 25 it drops to 35/mo
    Seems like a huge drop to me, but i like the second quote better =D

Quote Originally Posted by Katt View Post
    I am a new rider, i just got a quote from SF a few weeks ago, going in to sign papers tomorrow.
    Mind you I am an M1 holder (M2 come June 6) and am 24yr old female, with a 250r ninja (Full G for over 6 years)
    Your Lucky, You have the cheapest quote I have seen for someone under 25. (I hope they didn't make a mistake)
    As for the drop in price for turning 25 you will not see that this year (Unles you turn 25 in the next 30 days). It will be on your renewal.
    I would assume for those prices your are bringing a car to them as well.
    2001 CBR F4i

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Your Lucky, You have the cheapest quote I have seen for someone under 25. (I hope they didn't make a mistake)
    As for the drop in price for turning 25 you will not see that this year (Unles you turn 25 in the next 30 days). It will be on your renewal.
    I would assume for those prices your are bringing a car to them as well.
    I do not have to pay for the full year at once (thankfully) and yes i have a car with them. Though the car is under my fathers name, but I am the primary driver on it. Not sure if that makes a difference in the quote but I guess it does since its not too bad! I'll find out for sure when i go in tomorrow to see the papers and stuff! (and i don't turn 25 till October D: )

never seen a quote this low, even for a female, hope its correct, ride safe

don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

I do not have to pay for the full year at once (thankfully) and yes i have a car with them. Though the car is under my fathers name, but I am the primary driver on it. Not sure if that makes a difference in the quote but I guess it does since its not too bad! I'll find out for sure when i go in tomorrow to see the papers and stuff! (and i don't turn 25 till October D: )
    I was quoted similar prices as you and also quoted a similar decrease when I hit 25 in Nov. ($80/m to $39/m with car) but the SF agent I've been dealing with basically told me that I wouldn't see a drop in price until sometime next year. Her explanation was that come this November, I would have used up 82% of the premium, but only have payed 50% of it since they divide the premium into 12 equal payments. So even though I'd be 25, I'd still owe them 32% of premium based on a 24 yr old. So by my calculations, I wouldn't see a decrease in monthly payment until next Feb assuming I start a policy this May (assuming I find a damn bike).

Your agent will probably explain it to you when you meet them. Safe riding!

I was quoted similar prices as you and also quoted a similar decrease when I hit 25 in Nov. ($80/m to $39/m with car) but the SF agent I've been dealing with basically told me that I wouldn't see a drop in price until sometime next year. Her explanation was that come this November, I would have used up 82% of the premium, but only have payed 50% of it since they divide the premium into 12 equal payments. So even though I'd be 25, I'd still owe them 32% of premium based on a 24 yr old. So by my calculations, I wouldn't see a decrease in monthly payment until next Feb assuming I start a policy this May (assuming I find a damn bike).

If you start your policy in May then you will get the price reduction for being 25 on your next renewal (Next May). Just because you turn 25 half way thorugh a policy doesn't mean they will re-write your policy on that day to lower it for you.
    2001 CBR F4i

My quote was correct yay! and also my agent told me that i would see a drop on the day of my birthday

My quote was correct yay! and also my agent told me that i would see a drop on the day of my birthday
    I've heard of some agents being able to swing this. If you ask state farm, they will say no, your rate will only go down after your yearly policy renewal date. My friend said her rate went down effective her birthday but I called B.S. so she showed me the bills, $26/mo off

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

i hate to bring this thread back but how is SF with non-ss 600 bikes?