Statefarm??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statefarm??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Statefarm??

Just a random question. Does statefarm not go by cc's?
    I got two quotes from two brokers and they both wanted 1400 a year... I pay 1300 with jevco.
    22 almost 23. No tickets no nothing. 2 years riding m2...

Re: Statefarm??

what bike do you ride??
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Ninja 250...

Statefarm is morely for ss bikes. Yes they do rate by ccs but that's not the only ratings. They morely consider the operator(s) of the bike rather than the bike itself. Jevcos pretty hard to beat for under 25s on 250s and 500s.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2motors View Post
    Just a random question. Does statefarm not go by cc's?
    I got two quotes from two brokers and they both wanted 1400 a year... I pay 1300 with jevco.
    22 almost 23. No tickets no nothing. 2 years riding m2...

They do go by cc's but a couple questions are:

Have you had your G license for 5 years? = Discount
    Are you bringing a car to them as well? = Discount
    Are you over 25? = Discount
    Experience on motorcycle? = doesn't matter
    Last edited by jeffjones; 03-21-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I got a quote from statefarm today: $775 for the same bike.
    Only M1, but over 25 and had full G for 6 yrs now. No tickets.

State Farm doesn't rate by Class. In effect, the non-SS bikes are overcharged and the SS bikes are undercharged. If you have a non-SS bike, then SF probably won't be competitive unless you are a new rider with lots of car experience.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Statefarm doesn't seem to care about class. Statefarm is the best choice for ss riders, especially if you are a new rider(M1), over 25, more than 6 years of driving experience and a clean record. With this profile it would only cost a couple hundred more to insure a 600cc ss. The scary part is that Statefarm doesn't care whether you do a training course or not to be insured and no change in your rate.
    Last edited by Two_tons; 03-22-2012 at 03:45 PM.

I got a quote from state farm today $1175 for the year.

22, almost 23, getting my M2 in May. No tickets, Full G license for over 5 years and my quote was for a 09 Ninja 250cc

I'm paying 115$ a month on my 600cc with SF. Over 25, no tickets and 6+ years with a G. No other company could come close. However it would be 40% cheaper if I brought my car to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobierider View Post
    I'm paying 115$ a month on my 600cc with SF. Over 25, no tickets and 6+ years with a G. No other company could come close. However it would be 40% cheaper if I brought my car to them.
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying that. I have my car, house, and bike with statefarm... and there were no discounts for adding a bike because it's considered a 'recreational' vehicle. So, no multi-line discount and no multi-car discount. In addition, even if there WERE a discount, it certainly wouldn't be 40%. 10% at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying that. I have my car, house, and bike with statefarm... and there were no discounts for adding a bike because it's considered a 'recreational' vehicle. So, no multi-line discount and no multi-car discount. In addition, even if there WERE a discount, it certainly wouldn't be 40%. 10% at best.
    You are completely wrong with this info.
    I have 2 quotes sitting beside me right now

without my truck - 600SS = $118.18/month
    with my truck - 600SS = $71.19/month

That equals a 40% discount.

Also I have renters insurance for $17/month which also equals a $20/month discount on my truck policy.

I would get in touch with your insurance company and see whats going on, Or you could have a bad record and not getting any discounts for that reason.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

same as jeffjones, 2 cars, house, an 08 CBR 1k is $90/month, if I didn't have other vehicles/house they quoted me +40%
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

New rider here. Here's what I was quoted:

Bike only:

2009 Suzuki GS500F - $5525.29 annually or $460.44/m
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r - $2404.15 annually or $200.35/m

With Qualifying Auto policy:

2009 Suzuki GS500F - $2124.71 annually or $177.06/m
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r - $964.33 annually or $80.36/m

Mind you I live in Brampton so IMO that seems about right. Currently awaiting for a reply to see how much they quote me for my car.

Also, even without the added car, SF was still quoting me cheaper than Jevco on a Ninja 250. Jevco wanted $3750/yr. So right now, I think I'll be going with SF, whether it's the 250 or GS500F will depend on the quote they give me for the car.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    You are completely wrong with this info.
    I have 2 quotes sitting beside me right now

without my truck - 600SS = $118.18/month
    with my truck - 600SS = $71.19/month

That equals a 40% discount.

Also I have renters insurance for $17/month which also equals a $20/month discount on my truck policy.

I would get in touch with your insurance company and see whats going on, Or you could have a bad record and not getting any discounts for that reason.
    I'm not 'completely wrong' on the info I gave; it's true for my situation. I've had my house and cars with SF for years... I added a bike this year and received no additional discounts. I already had a multi-line and multi-car discount going on but I DID ask while I was there last week if my bike would have garnered me anything additional and was told that it wouldn't.

Having said that, I'm sure if all that I had was a bike with SF and I added a car or house, something would change. Frankly, I'm surprised by the fact that your quotes are so varied... but I believe you. I'm sure they'd make up the difference by charging you out the *** for the truck

I'm sure they'd make up the difference by charging you out the *** for the truck
    $5 more then my previous insurer and 2nd lowest I got quoted out of 6 insurance companies. But given it lowers my motorcycle premium $50/month it became the cheapest by $45/month.

Either your insurance is over-charging you by not giving you a discount on your bike or they already discounted you on your motorcycle premium and thought you were asking if your other premiums would go down.
    I would call and get a stand alone motorcycle quote and I bet it would be about 40% higher then what you are paying right now.
    2001 CBR F4i

I'm not 'completely wrong' on the info I gave; it's true for my situation. I've had my house and cars with SF for years... I added a bike this year and received no additional discounts. I already had a multi-line and multi-car discount going on but I DID ask while I was there last week if my bike would have garnered me anything additional and was told that it wouldn't.

Having said that, I'm sure if all that I had was a bike with SF and I added a car or house, something would change. Frankly, I'm surprised by the fact that your quotes are so varied... but I believe you. I'm sure they'd make up the difference by charging you out the *** for the truck
    I think you are misunderstanding your agent and/or your agent isn't explaining very well. Adding a bike to your policy will NOT result in a discount to your car or home. The discount applies to your BIKE if you also insure a car. Put simply, these are the discounts available to you:

BIKE MULTI-PRODUCT DISCOUNTS:
    - If you have a car with SF, you will save about 40% on the BIKE policy premium

AUTO MULTI-PRODUCT DISCOUNTS:
    - If you have a Home policy with SF, you will save on your AUTO policy premium (multi-product discount)
    - If you have a Life policy with SF, you will save on your AUTO policy premium (multi-product discount)
    - If you have a second Auto policy with SF, you will save on your AUTO policy premium (multi-vehicle discount)
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I find it retarded that I can insure a sv-1000 for 1700 and they want 3500 for a cbr 600... I'm pretty sure the torque of a vtwin1000 would kill me first

Quote Originally Posted by 2motors View Post
    I find it retarded that I can insure a sv-1000 for 1700 and they want 3500 for a cbr 600... I'm pretty sure the torque of a vtwin1000 would kill me first
    Go to SF and it will be the opposite.
    2001 CBR F4i

Statefarm quotes me for a cbr 600 more then jevco