Statefarm??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Statefarm??

Statefarm??

Just a random question. Does statefarm not go by cc's?
    I got two quotes from two brokers and they both wanted 1400 a year... I pay 1300 with jevco.
    22 almost 23. No tickets no nothing. 2 years riding m2...

Re: Statefarm??

what bike do you ride??
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Ninja 250...

Statefarm is morely for ss bikes. Yes they do rate by ccs but that's not the only ratings. They morely consider the operator(s) of the bike rather than the bike itself. Jevcos pretty hard to beat for under 25s on 250s and 500s.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2motors View Post
    Just a random question. Does statefarm not go by cc's?
    I got two quotes from two brokers and they both wanted 1400 a year... I pay 1300 with jevco.
    22 almost 23. No tickets no nothing. 2 years riding m2...

They do go by cc's but a couple questions are:

Have you had your G license for 5 years? = Discount
    Are you bringing a car to them as well? = Discount
    Are you over 25? = Discount
    Experience on motorcycle? = doesn't matter
    Last edited by jeffjones; 03-21-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I got a quote from statefarm today: $775 for the same bike.
    Only M1, but over 25 and had full G for 6 yrs now. No tickets.

State Farm doesn't rate by Class. In effect, the non-SS bikes are overcharged and the SS bikes are undercharged. If you have a non-SS bike, then SF probably won't be competitive unless you are a new rider with lots of car experience.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Statefarm doesn't seem to care about class. Statefarm is the best choice for ss riders, especially if you are a new rider(M1), over 25, more than 6 years of driving experience and a clean record. With this profile it would only cost a couple hundred more to insure a 600cc ss. The scary part is that Statefarm doesn't care whether you do a training course or not to be insured and no change in your rate.
    Last edited by Two_tons; 03-22-2012 at 03:45 PM.

I got a quote from state farm today $1175 for the year.

22, almost 23, getting my M2 in May. No tickets, Full G license for over 5 years and my quote was for a 09 Ninja 250cc

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGeorge View Post
    I got a quote from state farm today $1175 for the year.

22, almost 23, getting my M2 in May. No tickets, Full G license for over 5 years and my quote was for a 09 Ninja 250cc
    How is yours so cheap? I'm also 22 with 6 years of having my G license and I'm paying $180 a month or $2160 a year on a 2010 Ninja 250 and I already have my m2.

I'm paying 115$ a month on my 600cc with SF. Over 25, no tickets and 6+ years with a G. No other company could come close. However it would be 40% cheaper if I brought my car to them.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyMix View Post
    How is yours so cheap? I'm also 22 with 6 years of having my G license and I'm paying $180 a month or $2160 a year on a 2010 Ninja 250 and I already have my m2.
    If you are 22, is it possible to have your G class for 6 years? You get your G1 on your 16th birthday and get your G2 class at 8 months minimum if you took drivers ed. Then you need to wait 12 months before you can get your G class. This would make you 17 years and 8 months at the absolute youngest. Let's round up to 18 for simplicity sake and assume that most people don't get their G exactly 20 months after their 16th birthday. So 22-18=4 years with your G class at the most.

Therefore you wouldn't qualify for the 5 or 6 year G class discount with State Farm. You also don't qualify for the 25 years or older discount. Maybe BostonGeorge has a car with State Farm?

'08 NINJA 250r
    | Since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjitsu View Post
    If you are 22, is it possible to have your G class for 6 years? You get your G1 on your 16th birthday and get your G2 class at 8 months minimum if you took drivers ed. Then you need to wait 12 months before you can get your G class. This would make you 17 years and 8 months at the absolute youngest. Let's round up to 18 for simplicity sake and assume that most people don't get their G exactly 20 months after their 16th birthday. So 22-18=4 years with your G class at the most.

Therefore you wouldn't qualify for the 5 or 6 year G class discount with State Farm. You also don't qualify for the 25 years or older discount. Maybe BostonGeorge has a car with State Farm?
    Lol smarty pants. You're right I meant I've had my g1, g2, and g for six years altogether, not just my G...sorry didn't mean to confuse. I guess that's probably why then.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyMix View Post
    Lol smarty pants. You're right I meant I've had my g1, g2, and g for six years altogether, not just my G...sorry didn't mean to confuse. I guess that's probably why then.
    I can make little sense of how insurance rates are determined. Vifferfun can probably write a book on the process. I just hope you feel better about why you might not be getting the same rate as someone else even though it seems like you have the same determining variables. Your insurance will go down soon enough once you get that 5 and 6 years experience or your M...unless you upgrade your bike ; ).

I have a Ninja 250 as well but it is still in storage. Going to get it this weekend. How are you liking it?

'08 NINJA 250r
    | Since 2011

I find it retarded that I can insure a sv-1000 for 1700 and they want 3500 for a cbr 600... I'm pretty sure the torque of a vtwin1000 would kill me first

I find it retarded that I can insure a sv-1000 for 1700 and they want 3500 for a cbr 600... I'm pretty sure the torque of a vtwin1000 would kill me first
    Go to SF and it will be the opposite.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Statefarm quotes me for a cbr 600 more then jevco

Statefarm quotes me for a cbr 600 more then jevco
    So where did you get the sv and cbr quotes you mentioned? It wasn't SF because the 600 would be cheaper.
    Also, Jevco doesn't insure SS anymore as of this year, so if thats who you have I would start looking for a new insurance company
    2001 CBR F4i

Jevco quoted me for the sv and Statefarm for the cbr and td quoted me cheaper than Statefarm for cbr

SF asked me if i had G for 5 years(G1, G2 and G All come in this), Asked me what kind bike(Kawasaki 250 ninja). Minimum coverage 51$/ month. Didn't ask me for tickets, didn't ask me for the course or the kind of M i had.