11 years ago I was in an automobile accident and had a herniated disk at L4/5 and 2 bulged disks one above and 1 below. I went 2 years with severe siatica before they opperated and removed the herniated disk that was compressed on the nerve. The only thing that kept me going and not cutting off my leg was the same as you, my family and riding. I was not able to ride from the time i was in the accident until a year after the surgery. 3 in total. every morning I would get up think of my wife and kids then hobble out to look at my bike. I have done everything from physio, acupuncture , pool therapy, massage, everything. I still have chronic pain but the drop dead 10/10 leg pain is gone. I now can ride but have pain everyday on the bike or off so i might as well ride and pass the time doing something I love then sitting around not riding in pain. I get by every day with the help of Dilaudid, my family and Harley Davidson. I did have to move up to a more upright rididng bike as there was no way I could ride a sports bike. The way I look at it is that a least i"m still riding. You can do it, but it might take some time. Dont give up.