Is riding really going to kill me?

Thread: Is riding really going to kill me?

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is riding really going to kill me?

To some degree, I'd contend that if you have always been a safe driver, never been in an accident, typically notice 'things' before they happen and avoid, then you'll be a relatively safe rider. Granted on a bike you are smaller and less people will see you (and the risks are higher), so long as you are careful you'll be able to remove a lot of the risk (but obviously nowhere near all of it) -- At least that's how I'm viewing it as I try riding for the first time this season.

Again, know that it IS a risk and decide if it is one you are willing to take. That's what I did. On the flip-side, I've been in cars before with friends whom have scared my for my life (doing stupid things, not seeing other cars, expecting others to move/make room, etc) -- I'd never recommend getting on a motorcycle to them, as I know what the likely outcome would be.

Also as others might have said, ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time) is another good thing to go by, and one I plan to use. You never know when something might happen, so always be prepared just in case (I'd never forgive myself if something happened the one time I didn't wear a jacket because 'it was too warm').
    Last edited by conundrum; 03-21-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    I am the Stig's father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roommate.

Bike: 2011 Honda CBR250R ABS - T-Rex Frame Sliders, Sato Spools, Tankslapper Film, TechSpec SS Tankpads, Fastpack Tail Bag
    Cage: 2006 Honda Accord V6 6spd Coupe - AEM V2, HFP Suspension, TL-S Sway, CT Shortshift, Partial Exhaust