[QUOTE=Orangepeel;1752999...You have good friends who care for your safety. That is something maybe to your advantage? They will be more aware of bikes (hopefully) and drive with more interest as to who is sharing the road with them ![/QUOTE]

I have thought the same thing many times! I truly believe if more drivers actually know someone who rides a motorcycle, it makes them more aware of our presence. Before I started riding, if I was driving, the sound or presence of a motorcycle did not get my attention. Now, when driving, if I hear a motorcycle, I really tune in to which direction it is coming from. I will sometimes even move over to the right, and slow down, just so I can get a look at the bike

OP. Some good advice has been given. I know people who are not happy that I ride. But, that is because they care and love me. And for that I am grateful. I am blessed! However, I still chose to ride and I do my very best to ride as defensively as possible. Personally, if I'm not comfortable with the way someone is driving, I will pull over and let them pass. And there's no way in h-ll I'm going to confront a driver. When all is said and done, you have to do for you, and those who love and care about you, need to respect your choice(s). Good luck!