Is riding really going to kill me?

Thread: Is riding really going to kill me?

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is riding really going to kill me?

It's good to understand the risks involved with anything you do. To take measures to prevent them from happening to you.

For many, motorcycling is a calling. It's a passion that burns strong in their soul. It's not an option. It's a requirement. It can be a hobby for some.

If you read some of the various threads, you'll discover a vast array of different personalities.

If you hang with a bunch of friends that all sing the same tune and you find yourself getting sick of hearing it, maybe you are ready to do something that is out of the norm for your group?

My Mom always tried to make me feel guilty about riding. It was one of her friends about 20 years ago that said to me, "Son, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

So far, it's worked with my Mom and wife of 15 years.

For my friends? I find new friends every riding season and have more fun with them than I ever had with my non-riding friends. The world is yours to discover. My friends that don't ride, only seem envious or want to know how I convinced my wife how I got two motorcycles while she has always wanted the garage for her car the last 6 years.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Cheers.
    Last edited by nakkers; 03-21-2012 at 09:29 PM.