Kahuna Powersports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahuna Powersports

Thumbs up Kahuna Powersports

I would just like to say that Kahuna Powersports are in the process of fixing a disapointment I had with a new bike purchase. I would like to thank Shawn, Fab, Chris and Joe for going out of there way and making me a satisfied customer. I look forward to doing business with them in the future.

Re: Kahuna Powersports

Thanks for the information, I just purchased a new 2011 Vaquero from them (yet to pick up) and it's incouraging to know that they treat their customers well. Vote of confidence already prior to my first service.

Glad to hear your experience was a good one, mine was not, so I moved on....nothing bad, just found a better deal elsewhere, and one they could not match
    2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    1983 Suzuki GS750E - Rebuild Project

Kahuna is awesome. I picked up my Ninja 250 and R6 off them awhile back. My friend purchased a zx6r just last week. I get all my service and gear from them. Being loyal to a bike shop benefits both parties.

My ex gf bought 2 bikes from them, myself one.Never had a problem.Dealt with Norm, nice guy

They are good I bought my ninja from Todd and had a good experience dealing with them.

Dealt with Norm, nice guy
    +1 Bought my first bike from Norm. After that he helped me with gloves, jacket and fitting on a helmet for the first time.

Rod, that guy IS Kahuna Powersports. If he knows you he will go out of his way to assist you.
    Last edited by Giti; 04-15-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Name

Same here. picked up my first bike (650r) from Norm at Kahuna last summer. Great guy.

and so far, great service.

Got fit for helmet and a deal on it through Norm.

Don't know! I have had an ordeal trying to get my bike, they have screwed up repeadidly over the last two weeks and I am at my wits end with them.. Originally was dealing with Todd who I bought my bike from last October who was great, was handed off to Muzi after he left and he has been great to deal with as far as talking to! The communication or resolutions from Shawn or lack of it/them have been an issue.. Details below!

I went in two weeks ago to arrange all the details, setup my insurance, made arrangments to pick up the bike later in the first week, followed up and started to get the run around.. I had made arrangments to come and get the bike on the Saturday of the first week followed up on the Friday with a phone call the day before and was told it would not be ready (they actually lost the bike, but more on that in a bit). I was away on business the following week, gave Muzi my email to let me know when the bike would be ready for a pick up, what I received was an email on Wed (we are at 10 days later now) saying they did not know where my bike was that it was missing... I had to call them from California, spoke with Shawn who was very apologetic but had no answers for me... I emailed him my thoughts on the matter saying an apologie would not be enough and listed all the details of the screw ups (there is more I am just listing a few above)... I get a reply with a I am sorry and we have a bike for you it will be ready Friday when I get back... So I arrive Friday, change my insurance, call Kahuna to discuss the details with Shawn and am told he is off.... Wait here is where things get good!

I am directed to Muzi, turns out Shawn did not even read the email I sent him in detail (he is the manager after all you should read all the details), after speaking with Muzi turns out they have not been able to get the bike registered with the ministry!!! Yet again another delay, one Shawn Knew about (they have been having issues getting this done) yet did not bother to tell me about at all... So here I am now without a bike I started paying for in october last year, the manager has decided to skirt the issue and push it off to the stand in sales person who inherited me after the original sales person leaves and there is no ETA on the bike being ready for pick up...

Now I am not to sure if I am just bitching here but to me the whole situation is not acceptable... I Actually sent 3 friends there who all purchased bikes, who are dreading to go in to pick them up based upon this mess... I feel the need for compensation of some kind, and when I shared this got the standard apologie...

So can't agree with the statement of them helping me to be a happy customer, verdict is out on it until Shawn does something in my eyes to rectify the situation properly, the canned I am so sorry and hope I can restore your faith in Kahuna statement is not acceptable..

At this point if it is not resolved to my liking I won't ever go back.. I know where Todd moved to and would make the drive for good service!
    Last edited by XxFISHERxX; 03-31-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XxFISHERxX View Post
    Don't know! I have had an ordeal trying to get my bike, they have screwed up repeadidly over the last two weeks and I am at my wits end with them.. Originally was dealing with Todd who I bought my bike from last October who was great, was handed off to Muzi after he left and he has been great to deal with as far as talking to! The communication or resolutions from Shawn or lack of it/them have been an issue.. Details below!

I went in two weeks ago to arrange all the details, setup my insurance, made arrangments to pick up the bike later in the first week, followed up and started to get the run around.. I had made arrangments to come and get the bike on the Saturday of the first week followed up on the Friday with a phone call the day before and was told it would not be ready (they actually lost the bike, but more on that in a bit). I was away on business the following week, gave Muzi my email to let me know when the bike would be ready for a pick up, what I received was an email on Wed (we are at 10 days later now) saying they did not know where my bike was that it was missing... I had to call them from California, spoke with Shawn who was very apologetic but had no answers for me... I emailed him my thoughts on the matter saying an apologie would not be enough and listed all the details of the screw ups (there is more I am just listing a few above)... I get a reply with a I am sorry and we have a bike for you it will be ready Friday when I get back... So I arrive Friday, change my insurance, call Kahuna to discuss the details with Shawn and am told he is off.... Wait here is where things get good!

I am directed to Muzi, turns out Shawn did not even read the email I sent him in detail (he is the manager after all you should read all the details), after speaking with Muzi turns out they have not been able to get the bike registered with the ministry!!! Yet again another delay, one Shawn Knew about (they have been having issues getting this done) yet did not bother to tell me about at all... So here I am now without a bike I started paying for in october last year, the manager has decided to skirt the issue and push it off to the stand in sales person who inherited me after the original sales person leaves and there is no ETA on the bike being ready for pick up...

Now I am not to sure if I am just bitching here but to me the whole situation is not acceptable... I Actually sent 3 friends there who all purchased bikes, who are dreading to go in to pick them up based upon this mess... I feel the need for compensation of some kind, and when I shared this got the standard apologie...

So can't agree with the statement of them helping me to be a happy customer, verdict is out on it until Shawn does something in my eyes to rectify the situation properly, the canned I am so sorry and hope I can restore your faith in Kahuna statement is not acceptable..

At this point if it is not resolved to my liking I won't ever go back.. I know where Todd moved to and would make the drive for good service!
    UPDATE!!! Yup Sat and am supposed to hear from Muzi or Shawn as I had asked and nothing... Man Kahuna must not give a **** about keeping people happy... Just a typical want their money when they have it the friendly smile and everything just disappears... Gonna post everyday until I hear something, good or bad... If they do what I asked I will be happy until then gonna be ****** and write them off as a reputable dealer.

UPDATE!!! Yup Sat and am supposed to hear from Muzi or Shawn as I had asked and nothing... Man Kahuna must not give a **** about keeping people happy... Just a typical want their money when they have it the friendly smile and everything just disappears... Gonna post everyday until I hear something, good or bad... If they do what I asked I will be happy until then gonna be ****** and write them off as a reputable dealer.
    So this morning I receive the following;

"Hi Dale,

I will share it with Shawn. I also spoke to him about your requests and he indicated that he will discuss these with you in person. I hope that he gets back to you soon and that we have this matter resolved indeed. Have a good night.

Kind Regards, . . . . . . . ."

SO I asked for a Fender eliminator to be comped, part cost totaling $141.25 taxes in... I don't think that is too much and I get the above response... Shawn wants to discuss with me in person which means what I asked for is a "NO" and he just wants me to discuss with him when I come in to pick up the bike the date of which still has not been communicated...

Someone has told me to go to OMVIC over the whole mess and to contact the financing company HSBC to notify them that they sold me a bike that I don't own seeing the paperwork lists a VIN number I do not own yet I have paid for since last year.

As you can see I cannot rave about the service Kahuna is providing. Will update again if anyone is even reading.

Fisher - its your hard earned money they took , so ya they have to resolve the issue. They are only making themselves look worse prolonging the issues at hand. As a manager you have the responsibility of taking care of issues that are out of the norm, stringing you along shows what kinda shop they are once they have your money. Honesty is the best policy. If they are having issue with vin numbers and such tell the customer. If you are ducking questions or giving
    me the idea something is wrong with the situation you are being shadey and how am I supposed to know they are being truthful after the fact???

I don't complain much myself but when a shop has my money and is screwing me around giving me half answers to simple questions it's time to let them know who's in charge. THE CUSTOMER!

Thanks Shaft, nice to know someone is at least reading this.. I rarely complain and if they were just up front initially I would have been fine, but this has been two plus weeks of BS. I am now waiting for the sales person to talk to Shawn and then he is going to let me know, would be nice if Shawn just picked up the phone and called himself... I just wanted to let people know about this in the event they were gonna go there to buy, I am sure this is an exception rather than the rule in how they deal with people but I wanted it out there as a point of reference in the event it happened to someone else.

I am reading, and just shaking my head, also glad I am not dealing with Kahuna, I started there, but had bad vibes from the get go, and moved on. Unfortunately it seems your sort of kinda stuck, until this gets resolved.
    2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    1983 Suzuki GS750E - Rebuild Project

I have always been loyal to Kahuna as well, sent numerous friend there, bought tons of gear and a few bikes.. The situation you mentioned in regards to the VIN numbers is the same thing im having to wait for at the moment as well.. My girlfriend purchased a bike 3 weeks ago, and we have now been waiting a week and a half past the original date of pick-up due to not being able to get the bikes registered and plated! very frustrating, specially since Joe just happens to be on a beach somewhere not answering his phone which could possibly resolve all these issues! Im not quite yet at the point of snapping but, it's getting frustrating watching nice sunny day's pass by in which she could be learning to ride! Right now they are telling me wed. Once Joe gets back they say the issues will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by [LimeGreen] View Post
    I have always been loyal to Kahuna as well, sent numerous friend there, bought tons of gear and a few bikes.. The situation you mentioned in regards to the VIN numbers is the same thing im having to wait for at the moment as well.. My girlfriend purchased a bike 3 weeks ago, and we have now been waiting a week and a half past the original date of pick-up due to not being able to get the bikes registered and plated! very frustrating, specially since Joe just happens to be on a beach somewhere not answering his phone which could possibly resolve all these issues! Im not quite yet at the point of snapping but, it's getting frustrating watching nice sunny day's pass by in which she could be learning to ride! Right now they are telling me wed. Once Joe gets back they say the issues will be resolved.

I just keep getting the run around, going to call today and will update with the details of the conversation, they are screwing up large.. There is a large community of people out there and reputation is everything, as it stands now I have 3 people who purchased bikes but have yet to pick them up waiting to hear how I fair..

I just keep getting the run around, going to call today and will update with the details of the conversation, they are screwing up large.. There is a large community of people out there and reputation is everything, as it stands now I have 3 people who purchased bikes but have yet to pick them up waiting to hear how I fair..
    Just had a call from Muzi (At least he called me) no updates from them on a resolution. Not like it is great riding weather now anyways but it is the principle of the matter. Shawn has read the emails according to Muzi and is supposed to contact me directly.

Waiting, not to be a prick and an A-Hole to anyone because I am not like that, just want something for all the inconvenience. This was my first bike purchase was so excited not so much anymore.

If this is a new bike sale. Then the dealer has a maximum amount of time (can't recall exactlly - assume it's 3 months , see back of sales contract) to provide you with a bike that you purchased. If they don't provide the bike within the specified time then you have a right to cancel the sale and get your deposit back. I would make it clear to the dealer that if they don't provide the bike by the deadline, that you will be cancelling the sale and reversing the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    If this is a new bike sale. Then the dealer has a maximum amount of time (can't recall exactlly - assume it's 3 months , see back of sales contract) to provide you with a bike that you purchased. If they don't provide the bike within the specified time then you have a right to cancel the sale and get your deposit back. I would make it clear to the dealer that if they don't provide the bike by the deadline, that you will be cancelling the sale and reversing the charges.
    Just checked and you are correct the statement is there, gonna call them on it shortly...

Just checked and you are correct the statement is there, gonna call them on it shortly...
    Kahuna, pulled through and in a major way. I am not happy with how everything went but am happy with the outcome of the issue Bike is now ready anytime today for pick up and they are going to comp me a few things I asked for. Gonna try to swing by around 7ish to pick it up...