So if the shooter is black... - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So if the shooter is black...

Re: So if the shooter is black...

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I certainly like the stand your ground law vs the Canadian you must run away like a little girl from your own house if there is an intruder law.

"One of the most expansive of such laws in the US, it states that people have no duty to retreat from a place they are legally allowed to be, and have the right to use deadly force if they believe they are threatened with death or serious harm."
    As long as it doesn't involve unloading on law-abiding citizens because you're a dumb yahoo.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I certainly like the stand your ground law vs the Canadian you must run away like a little girl from your own house if there is an intruder law.

"One of the most expansive of such laws in the US, it states that people have no duty to retreat from a place they are legally allowed to be, and have the right to use deadly force if they believe they are threatened with death or serious harm."
    Um, which is not what happened here. This guy is hiding behind the law to justify murder.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Obviously if they didnt find a weapon on the deceased then it shouldn't be too hard to prove murder. Unless the phone witness screws up somehow.

While it is subject to interpretation, here you run TOO, not from, your house or safe place to avoid killing someone. If I was a gun owner I would rather retreat to my house than "stand my ground" by killing someone who might be going to peek in my window or may be looking for a lost tennis ball.
    If someone unlawfully enters my home or attempts to breach its security, it's a different discussion.

This also happened in Texas, more than once. In one case the guy shot two Hispanics. In the other case a Japanese tourist or student knocked on a door looking for directions and was shot.

In some ways gun culture isn't all that different from bike culture. If you buy a bike and don't rack up the miles you're a poser. In gun culture if you don't ever kill someone why did you waste the money on a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    While it is subject to interpretation, here you run TOO, not from, your house or safe place to avoid killing someone. If I was a gun owner I would rather retreat to my house than "stand my ground" by killing someone who might be going to peek in my window or may be looking for a lost tennis ball.
    If someone unlawfully enters my home or attempts to breach its security, it's a different discussion.

This also happened in Texas, more than once. In one case the guy shot two Hispanics. In the other case a Japanese tourist or student knocked on a door looking for directions and was shot.

In some ways gun culture isn't all that different from bike culture. If you buy a bike and don't rack up the miles you're a poser. In gun culture if you don't ever kill someone why did you waste the money on a gun?
    Ridiculous and insulting to the millions of law abiding gun owners in Canada who have never and will never kill anyone. Almost 10,000,000 firearms in our country yet only 200 firearms related homicides annually, most of which are amongst criminals already known to police.

Hows that for your 'gun culture'? Newb.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    It's a culture thing for sure..but the gun has nothing to do with it.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    Ridiculous and insulting to the millions of law abiding gun owners in Canada who have never and will never kill anyone. Almost 10,000,000 firearms in our country yet only 200 firearms related homicides annually, most of which are amongst criminals already known to police.

I was referring to the American gun culture. Canadian gun laws and attitudes were fine before the long gun registry. All that was needed was proper enforcement of existing laws. If the Canadian government wanted to save lives the LGR moneys would have been better spent on hospitals.

My beef is with the redneck who has ten thousand dollars worth of guns and ammo to protect his five thousand dollar trailer. However not all American gun owners are gunslingers either. If you get into an intellegent discussion with an intellegent owner you realize the sky isn't falling. Unfortunately the legal situation down there is pretty open to anyone wanting to "Pack"

The thread was about a situation in Florida and that is the direction of my comments so not ridiculous or insulting to Canadian gun owners. I hope you're not as trigger happy with a gun as you are with a keyboard.

Gun culture my ***.. give me one good reason why a neighbourhood watch, grown up hall monitor, has any reason to be carrying a hand gun?

It's nice to not have to worry about some poin dexter opening fire on me cus he finds me intimidating and people like me use to beat his *** in school, why anyone advocates carrying around personal firearms in public is beyond me.
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    He or his family lived there.
    His father's girlfriend lived there and they were visiting her.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I was referring to the American gun culture. Canadian gun laws and attitudes were fine before the long gun registry. All that was needed was proper enforcement of existing laws. If the Canadian government wanted to save lives the LGR moneys would have been better spent on hospitals.

My beef is with the redneck who has ten thousand dollars worth of guns and ammo to protect his five thousand dollar trailer. However not all American gun owners are gunslingers either. If you get into an intellegent discussion with an intellegent owner you realize the sky isn't falling. Unfortunately the legal situation down there is pretty open to anyone wanting to "Pack"

The thread was about a situation in Florida and that is the direction of my comments so not ridiculous or insulting to Canadian gun owners. I hope you're not as trigger happy with a gun as you are with a keyboard.
    Canadian gun laws don't weed out "stupid". They weed out the mentally ill and the criminals. There are lots of collectors/shooters in Canada with $10,000+ worth of guns too, most of whom wouldn't hesitate to use their firearms for defense against home invaders.

American gun culture isnt much different from Canadian at all. Many Canadian gun owners would be pro-CCW if it were an option. Personally I'm all for having armed citizens. If cops can be trained and trusted to carry firearms so can I.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

What about sport shooting? Competing? Shooting clays? Hunting? There are plenty of reasons for me to get a gun that have nothing to do with me shooting fellow human beings.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    What about sport shooting? Competing? Shooting clays? Hunting? There are plenty of reasons for me to get a gun that have nothing to do with me shooting fellow human beings.
    My excuse is zombie apocalyse
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I have no problem with the above. However I communicate regularly with people that emit the paranoia that comes from watching too many B westerns. They are the ones that scare me.

I have no problem with the above. However I communicate regularly with people that emit the paranoia that comes from watching too many B westerns. They are the ones that scare me.
    Most Canadian firearm owners are not like that. They just want to enjoy their hobby and wouldn't hurt anything they wouldn't eat (and no, they ain't cannibals)

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Canadians prefer long guns. It's harder to hide them down the front of your pants.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    According to the affidavit, Martin was walking back from a shop when he ran to a nearby building to take shelter from the rain and then pulled up his hoodie before he walked the rest of the way back. He then realised that someone was following him.
    Maybe it was a SOA hoodie, which would make this incident a bit more understandable. I mean, that would clearly identify him as a hardenred criminal. Especially if he also had a wallet chain.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Maybe it was a SOA hoodie, which would make this incident a bit more understandable. I mean, that would clearly identify him as a hardenred criminal. Especially if he also had a wallet chain.
    maybe he was yelling "BRA!!, why you following me?? YOO BRA"

Don't forget the "Full-on" goatee.

A coward with a gun is a very dangerous thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by optionfa View Post
    Gun culture my ***.. give me one good reason why a neighbourhood watch, grown up hall monitor, has any reason to be carrying a hand gun?

It's nice to not have to worry about some poin dexter opening fire on me cus he finds me intimidating and people like me use to beat his *** in school, why anyone advocates carrying around personal firearms in public is beyond me.
    Many states allow people with no criminal record to carry firearms.. I like that option. Criminals carry guns regardless of laws.......I should be able to carry.

Since the canadian law states you need to leave your house when being robbed why should people even be able to have guns in their house?
    Last edited by murf; 03-22-2012 at 10:47 AM.