Insurance for a YZF R6

Thread: Insurance for a YZF R6

Smile Insurance for a YZF R6

So im trying to get some quotes on a YZF R6 and ive called quite a few companies and most of them dont even insure sport bikes since march 15th which is a waste of money for them i think, not like i care at all tho. so im just wondering if theres anyone out there who can tell me some companies i can try calling.

so far ive called r duffy, state farm, jd smith, idris brokers, allstate, riders plus... and none of these other then state farm would insure a sports bike.

the quote i got was 3168 for the YZR,

on the bright side side tho i am turning 25 this sep, so should i just stop wasting my day time minutes and go with state farm... orr?????

thankssss Maria

Re: Insurance for a YZF R6

SF is the best bet, Their big discounts are if you have your G class license for 5 years (G1=1yr, G2=1yr), over 25 and willing to bring another vehicle to them.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

hi there! I've been with state farm for 3 years now. im 29 turning 30 in april. when i first got insurance with them, i was 27. no m1 license and never been on a bike. i have a 01 r6. they quoted me 102 a month, but i had to get insurance all year round. i don't have any accidents or tickets, so i guess it helped. since then, i moved my cars and house with them, and the premium went down to like 68 bucks. i pay 746 for the whole year. i asked td and they wanted 3600 just for the bike!!! its ridiculous!!!

I originally when I switched to State Farm I was $3,200 on my R6 when I was 24.... then I turned 25 that summer and my insurance dropped to $920/year. I still had to pay the pro-rated rate but it worked out for the better.

your best bet is SF, i am paying the same as Mr.Azim currently, come may it will be 1000 for the year

For that bike and your age, State Farm is your only option.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)