Insane!!

Thread: Insane!!

Insane!!

So I Call Primmum insurance company to get a quote for the 749 and they quoted me $10,000/year where do they get these numbers from?

where can I get some seemingly normal reasonable prices from HELP please

Re: Insane!!

Quote Originally Posted by rinomato1 View Post
    So I Call Primmum insurance company to get a quote for the 749 and they quoted me $10,000/year where do they get these numbers from?

where can I get some seemingly normal reasonable prices from HELP please
    Try SF, They go by engine size only and if your over 25, had your G class license for 5 years and willing to bring your car to them you should be under $100/month for full coverage.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Maybe they heard about you/your crew smashing windshields and terrifying women and children... j/k!

State Farm would be your best bet.
    Aside from being over 25 years old with at least 5 years from the date of your G1, you can't have more than two convictions on your record.
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    Maybe they heard about you/your crew smashing windshields and terrifying women and children... j/k!

State Farm would be your best bet.
    Aside from being over 25 years old with at least 5 years from the date of your G1, you can't have more than two convictions on your record.
    Primmum quoted my 20 yr old son, minimum coverage ($200K) on his 96 YZF600....wait for it.....

$13,895/ yr.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Primmum quoted my 20 yr old son, minimum coverage ($200K) on his 96 YZF600....wait for it.....

$13,895/ yr.
    I don't doubt it, they quoted me 8000$ for liability only...
    It's their way of telling you to **** off, we don't want your business.
    Mina

any other suggestions? I mean I'm 24 years old been had my drivers license for over 5 years perfect record, what should I do>?

any other suggestions? I mean I'm 24 years old been had my drivers license for over 5 years perfect record, what should I do>?
    I'm paying 140/month for full coverage with fire and theft on a 2006 GSX-R 750.
    I think SF will still insure you but at a higher rate, how much higher? I have no idea.
    Doesn't hurt to give them a call and get a quote.
    Mina

State Farm is great for ~600s and under, but when it comes to larger bikes they get a bit pricey, even with a perfect record. Unless of course you have been with them for many years, and also have other things like a car and home insured with them.

Although I wouldn't call it cheap, I managed to get the best rate from TD Meloche Monnex (this is different from standard TD insurance), but to qualify you need to be a member of a specific group. I got it from Queen's alumni, but UofT is also a member. Note that if you qualify under more than one group then find out which is cheaper, since Queen's had batter rates than the UofT group. Tip! I didn't personally qualify... I put a friend's name on the registration as a co-owner in order to get their rate. Of course it must be someone you trust.

SF won't insure me, they say that I need to have my G for more than 6 years now new rules. Im giving up I see SS riders younger than me wtf is goin on here

SF won't insure me, they say that I need to have my G for more than 6 years now new rules. Im giving up I see SS riders younger than me wtf is goin on here

It got a lot harder this year, many companies backed away from insuring ss bikes, and others added rules and increased rates. For those that have good rates, hold on to them like that old cell phone plan!!

I probably spent 6 hours on the phone before finding a decent plan for myself, and I am over 30 with a perfect record!! Try to find some kind of a trick or legal loophole... also consider getting a smaller bike :/

^ It's 6 years to qualify for the A Plan and 5 years for the B Plan, and it's not 6 years since you had your G, it's 6 years since you got your G1 or 5 years for the B Plan.
    Give Karl Marshall a call (416 287 2004) If Laurie answers, tell her you want to speak directly with Karl.

I was almost paying $5000 until I called Karl.
    Last edited by 2live&ride; 03-20-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    ^ It's 6 years to qualify for the A Plan and 5 years for the B Plan, and it's not 6 years since you had your G, it's 6 years since you got your G1 or 5 years for the B Plan.
    Give Karl Marshall a call (416 287 2004) If Laurie answers, tell her you want to speak directly with Karl.

I was almost paying $5000 until I called Karl.
    They count your G1=1yr and G2=1yr regardless of how long you have had them also though.
    So it is technically 4 years with your G for A plan or 3 years with your G for the B plan then.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

used 24 year old with clean record born in 88 with license for 4 years with an '06 Duc 749.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    used 24 year old with clean record born in 88 with license for 4 years with an '06 Duc 749.

Born in '87 and ermmm the dude over the phone told me $10k

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    $13,895/ yr.
    Go with Jevco, the bike will be insured as a standard due to it's age.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Holy ****, $10K a year? You're nearly in mortgage territory at that point!

Well then, there's a discrepancy for ya. $10k that's painful.

Sell me the Ducati and buy another bike.

Use this tree that I created so that you can better understand State Farm's eligibility criteria -- it's not perfected yet, but better than nothing

I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

For a SS bike, you really only have two options:

If you are >= 30yo: State Farm or TD/Meloche Monnex/Primmum
    If you are < 30yo: State Farm (if you qualify)
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)