Insurance

Thread: Insurance

Insurance

I have a GSXR 1000 and getting nailed by my insurance company this year, any suggestions for a good rates?

Stu

2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Re: Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart13 View Post
    I have a GSXR 1000 and getting nailed by my insurance company this year, any suggestions for a good rates?
    Stu
    For a SS check out State Farm and TD

p.s. good rates is a relative thing

If you haven't already heard, Jevco is dropping SS bikes as of May; so don't even bother looking at them... they're great for sport-touring and other classes of bikes though, just for whatever reason they don't see insuring SS's as being worth it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart13 View Post

Stu
    I called TD this morning for a Quote on My Ducati 749 and the quoted me OVER $10,000! where else should I go its so discouraging

Quote Originally Posted by rinomato1 View Post
    I called TD this morning for a Quote on My Ducati 749 and the quoted me OVER $10,000! where else should I go its so discouraging
    SF.

Or sometimes, a facility company will give you better rates than anything else (and still be sub 3,000 lol).

statefarm goes by cc. I was quoted $192/month for a 2010 R1. I am > 25 and clean record.
    lets ride first, there is plenty of time to worry about other ******.
    www.youtube.com/rashidme

Do you have a bad record or are you young? the 749 shuold be cheap thru TD.

State Farm is great for ~600s and under, but when it comes to larger bikes they get a bit pricey, even with a perfect record. Unless of course you have been with them for many years, and also have other things like a car and home insured with them.

Although I wouldn't call it cheap, I managed to get the best rate from TD Meloche Monnex (this is different from standard TD insurance), but to qualify you need to be a member of a specific group. I got it from Queen's alumni, but UofT is also a member. Note that if you qualify under more than one group then find out which is cheaper, since Queen's had batter rates than the UofT group. Tip! I didn't personally qualify... I put a friend's name on the registration as a co-owner in order to get their rate. Of course it must be someone you trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Do you have a bad record or are you young? the 749 shuold be cheap thru TD.
    Clean as a Whistle

any other suggestions, Im 24 years old Clean driving/riding record, umm.. I don't see why they should be raping me like that

It is your age too young for TD it would be around $700 per yr if you were over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigz View Post
    State Farm is great for ~600s and under, but when it comes to larger bikes they get a bit pricey, even with a perfect record. Unless of course you have been with them for many years, and also have other things like a car and home insured with them.
    SF are around $1K for the year for my GSX-R750. Mind you, I've been with them for about 38 years and have multi vehicles, multi lines and a clean G for the same length of time.
    Last edited by ABCarr; 03-20-2012 at 12:16 PM.

any other suggestions, Im 24 years old Clean driving/riding record, umm.. I don't see why they should be raping me like that
    Because you are 24 lol. I got quoted on a Katana 750 (Same class as your bike with SF) and it was $87/month if I brought the truck to them as well (About $40/month more without).
    You might have to suck it up for a year and then get your cheap(er) prices when you turn 25.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

any other loopholes, change registration of bike?

any other loopholes, change registration of bike?
    I think SF lets stuff slide a month, Depending on when your B-day is, other then that sucking it up or insurance fraud is your only options lol.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden