New license after M1?

Thread: New license after M1?

New license after M1?

The MTO just sent me a new license. It was issued the day after I got my M1 but it's identical to my old one. What gives?

Re: New license after M1?

Your M1 licence is only paper. M1 status is not listed on your physical card, only M2 and M.

The card you received is likely the new "barcode" card replacing the old magnetic strip cards (check the back).
    Quote Originally Posted by cknowles View Post
    I have a 5 minute ride to work but I can make it home in an hour on a good day

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheCanuck View Post
    Your M1 licence is only paper. M1 status is not listed on your physical card, only M2 and M.

The card you received is likely the new "barcode" card replacing the old magnetic strip cards (check the back).
    Nope, completely identical

Think this happened shortly after I got my M1 as well. I just shrugged it off... keep your temporary paper license on you until it expires, even if you get a new card in the mail. When you get hassled by cops it gives you a bit of noob cred and they might be more inclined to let you go with a "warning". Worked my first two pullovers. Third time I had my new card and the officer seemed skeptical when I told him I just started riding and he wrote me a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
    Think this happened shortly after I got my M1 as well. I just shrugged it off... keep your temporary paper license on you until it expires, even if you get a new card in the mail. When you get hassled by cops it gives you a bit of noob cred and they might be more inclined to let you go with a "warning". Worked my first two pullovers. Third time I had my new card and the officer seemed skeptical when I told him I just started riding and he wrote me a ticket.

WTF? How often do you get pulled over? lol

Give your old license to your under-aged younger brother so can impress chicks his age by buying beer*

*The above statement is intended for humour only and I do not condone any actions that are prohibited by law. Have a good day.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark