2012 Jevco prohibited bike list - John R Duffy Insurance - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Jevco prohibited bike list - John R Duffy Insurance

Re: 2012 jevco prohibited bike list - john r duffy insurance

Quote Originally Posted by shewie View Post
    Probably 2 more than would choose the Blackbird. In fact, I would be willing to bet that the Kwaki and the Bus would be the ONLY bikes chosen by a group of 20 year olds. My thing is that they are all classed as ST bikes. Oddly, the Hurricane is on the banned list but is more than 16 years old. The first year XX is 16 years old, too. Does that mean that they are banned or exempted? There is no apparent logic to the selections.

AFAIK, State Farm still considers the bird a sport-tourer and I pay accordingly.

I have never got a decent quote from a broker for the hurricane. it sits in a Rickedy shed on the side of the house which might as well be its grave because of insurance.

im just glad they dont surcharge my ZZR600, but if i had a 2002 ZX6R it would be 8000. jevco had the cheapest rate out of everyone for my 08 zzr600
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

Pretty sad that insurance companies dictate what bikes we ride!!!! Glad i have my vfr

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    Pretty sad that insurance companies dictate what bikes we ride!!!! Glad i have my vfr
    I'm thinking about going back to a VFR -- I loved my old 1996 model, and hopefully the 2003+ models improved on an already-excellent product. Probably not this year, but maybe next year.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

hey Viffer , i would like to know afew things about jevco. I got my M1 Licence on may 11th, 2011 and then got my M2 few weeks later, when Jevco changed their policy about new riders (holding 1 year licence gives u better rates) i decided to wait 1 year to get my bike insured . i bought the bike last year and put in the garage. now i wanna know if this policy is still effective . Im 30 years old Bike is a starter 2009 kawasaki 250r. I didnt wanna go with state farm because im holding my G licence for 4 years (requirement is 5 years). (new in the country).

thanks
    new rider

Quote Originally Posted by motorsiklet View Post
    hey Viffer , i would like to know afew things about jevco. I got my M1 Licence on may 11th, 2011 and then got my M2 few weeks later, when Jevco changed their policy about new riders (holding 1 year licence gives u better rates) i decided to wait 1 year to get my bike insured . i bought the bike last year and put in the garage. now i wanna know if this policy is still effective . Im 30 years old Bike is a starter 2009 kawasaki 250r. I didnt wanna go with state farm because im holding my G licence for 4 years (requirement is 5 years). (new in the country).

thanks
    new rider
    Jevco will still give you a one year claims free rating if you've held your bike license for 12 consecutive months. They also have a discounted rate at age 30. Call a Jevco broker for a quote.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

Quote Originally Posted by Insurance Guy View Post
    Jevco will still give you a one year claims free rating if you've held your bike license for 12 consecutive months. They also have a discounted rate at age 30. Call a Jevco broker for a quote.
    True, but the discount associated with being one year claims free will presumably be less today than it was in the past. Today you don't achieve the maximum discount until you reach your third year. In my opinion, this is a significant improvement to Jevco's rating.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I just picked up my dream bike, a 1997 Super Blackbird and Jevco told me to call back next year wheb it his 16 years old. I had a motorcycle accident claim in 2007 and 2 moving violations in my car, speeding in 2011 and for exiting and re-entering the highway in 2010. I have hit a wall, either they won't insure the bike or they will not insure me. I guess it will stay in my garage until next season when it falls off the Jevco list. What balarky I say!!!
    Be safe at all times, enjoy every moment, keep the 2s on the ground & if you're not wearing a full face lid, bugs in your teeth..LOL!!

There are some really great deals on the 5th gens viffer 98-01... i fi didnt already own my y2k with 72 k on it i would buy another with some of the prices i've seen this spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I'm thinking about going back to a VFR -- I loved my old 1996 model, and hopefully the 2003+ models improved on an already-excellent product. Probably not this year, but maybe next year.

Balarkey indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Rider$ View Post
    I just picked up my dream bike, a 1997 Super Blackbird and Jevco told me to call back next year wheb it his 16 years old. I had a motorcycle accident claim in 2007 and 2 moving violations in my car, speeding in 2011 and for exiting and re-entering the highway in 2010. I have hit a wall, either they won't insure the bike or they will not insure me. I guess it will stay in my garage until next season when it falls off the Jevco list. What balarky I say!!!

Banned

I believe the time is here for government run insurance especially for motorcycles. The insurance industry picks and chooses what they want to insure. What about the ones of us who wish to ride something else???? McQuinty two years ago gave the INSURANCE STORE AWAY TO THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY and on another site similar to this one, the insurance broker fellow stated, "Ontario auto insurance Reforms are working well" Yep, Less coverage than we had prior, more cost to purchase the required insurance coverage demanded from the provincial gov. at a much higher cost. Also, for any snowbirds going to the USA for 5 to 6 months every winter, you are only covered by Jevco for a three month period on your motorcycle in the USA. I was told that by Jevco when I check at last renewal for cheaper rates and also, should you own a bike which has been triked with a kit, or an OEM [Harley Davidson, Can AM, Victory] they will not insure them at all. I know many Canadians Snowbirds who are now buying their insurance for their car, truck, bike from USA companies, and these companies will insure a Canadian vehicle liscenced here in Ontario as long as you spend five to six months in the USA. Time the insurance industry gets back to doing what they are suppose to do and insure Ontarians with insurance or lose their liscence to insure Ontarians and we get gov. run insurance.