Best route - North Mississauga to North York

Thread: Best route - North Mississauga to North York

Best route - North Mississauga to North York

It's a great weather outside... So I'm thinking of driving to work, but as I have M1 I can't take the highway.

Anyone ever drove from Mississauga to North York? What are the best routes? How long?

I'm around Britannia and 10th line, and my work is right by Fairview mall. I was thinking of taking Steeles all the way... gMaps says it's 56kms, about 1.5 hours.

Cheers,
    Vic.

Re: Best route - North Mississauga to North York

Quote Originally Posted by victorbrca View Post
    I'm around Britannia and 10th line, and my work is right by Fairview mall. I was thinking of taking Steeles all the way... gMaps says it's 56kms, about 1.5 hours.
    If you're planning on takin gmostly one road the entire distance, rather than Steeles, I'd recommend taking Hwy 7 (Queen St W out your way I believe?) as it is an 80 or under zone and you can ride in those. Steeles is usually pretty congested, (so is Hwy 7 at times for that matter) but Hwy 7 will usually get you there faster.

I'm not overly familiar with the Mississauga area, and my memory for fun/quick routes is crap. So there are likely better routes you could take, especially if you want more twisties or such in between...

What does best mean to you?
    Best to me:
    10 (S) -> Thomas (E) -> Glen Erin (S) -> Collegeway (E) -> Mississauga (N) -> Burnhamthorpe (E) -> Central Parkway (S) *curves (E) then (N) -> Rathburn (E) *curves (S) -> Burnhamthorpe (E) -> Mill (N) -> Eglinton (E) -> Martin Grove (N) -> The Westway (E) -> Royal York (N) -> Sheppard (E) -> Sentinal (N) -> Finch (E) -> Bathurst (N) -> Drewry (E) -> Don Mills (S)... and savour the Peanut with a couple of laps!

Total time: who cares?

I was looking for the fastest route, only so I don't get to work late.

Tried taking Steeles today. Took me about 1.5 hours both ways. I'll try queen next week.

Hwy 7 is way too far north to take. Just go with the default google map suggestion

http://g.co/maps/yy2f7
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

If you get bored, the way I suggested takes two hours. Linky