2008 Yamaha r6 hid Install

Thread: 2008 Yamaha r6 hid Install

2008 Yamaha r6 hid Install

Need help on doing a clean install on Yamaha r6 hid. Do I need to drill a 1 inch hole in each light cap cover ?

Re: 2008 Yamaha r6 hid Install

Quote Originally Posted by r6dave81 View Post
    Need help on doing a clean install on Yamaha r6 hid. Do I need to drill a 1 inch hole in each light cap cover ?
    I did a super clean install using all factory wiring holes, no drilling!

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...work-removal!!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    I did a super clean install using all factory wiring holes, no drilling!

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...work-removal!!

-Jamie M.
    Sorry Jamie, I'm not a fan of the whole hid without projector.
    To the op, if you're going to do it, spend the extra time and install a projector.

Quote Originally Posted by oren102 View Post
    Sorry Jamie, I'm not a fan of the whole hid without projector.
    To the op, if you're going to do it, spend the extra time and install a projector.
    Me neither, a little too much glare

I just put this kit in my GF's 09 R6 and it's CRAZY bright, super clean cut off, and dual low beam dual high beam (went with 55 watt): http://eshop.ktautopart.com/motorcyc...ts/kt-mt5.html

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Me neither, a little too much glare

I just put this kit in my GF's 09 R6 and it's CRAZY bright, super clean cut off, and dual low beam dual high beam (went with 55 watt): http://eshop.ktautopart.com/motorcyc...ts/kt-mt5.html

-Jamie M.
    Wish you would have told me before, I sell that same 55w kit for $100 (I also get a one year warranty from the manufacturer).

Wish you would have told me before, I sell that same 55w kit for $100 (I also get a one year warranty from the manufacturer).
    Nice! I will keep you in mind for future projects!

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

$100 for the Hi/Lo HID's, Projectors, ballasts, , all wiring, angel and demon eyes?
    If so I might look into that soon.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    $100 for the Hi/Lo HID's, Projectors, ballasts, , all wiring, angel and demon eyes?
    If so I might look into that soon.
    Same here. If all of the components are included for $100 sign me up.
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

I've received quite a few inquiries so i figured i'd post here.
    I guess I could do $100 for any GTAM member. I normally just sell them to previous customers or close friends but figured hell, enough people have helped me around here.

Anyhow the kit comes with two projectors (like the above), two hid's (your choice of color, i recommend 6000k). The projects have a built in angel eye just like the one above that Jamie purchased.
    If you're interested I might be able to get the types with the demon eye too but I'm not sure if its the same price.
    Digitial slim ballasts I believe are included in the price but if they're not, it would be a maximum of $10 for two.
    The projectors are also bi-xenon (all cable wiring is included).

I've personally used the kit on over 20 bike hid retrofits including but not limited to:
    -08,09 r6, (2 08's and 1 09)
    -03,05 zx6 (one 03 and 5 05 zx6's)
    a few older gs500 (i believe one was an 87 and another 91)

i've also done a few cars with them. They do not however fit on any fog lights.
    you do need a few tools to make a good, clean install, feel free to search around or ask me for the writeup i did once.

i sold my last 3 so the next shipment will most likely arrive between april 14 and 21'st.

Also, the hid's and ballast come with a 1 year warranty. you just have to keep the box and bring it back with the date written and i'll give you a new set. I've installed a set on two of my personal bikes and they've been running for over 2 years no problem, no hesitations.