Ride from dealership and first commute

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride from dealership and first commute

Ride from dealership and first commute

Hey guys,

I picked up my first bike on Saturday morning and had to ride it through wet streets and fog...first time on the streets also (all my riding was done at the RTI course last Sept.). But I survived! The most annoying thing was the water on my visor, really limits visibility!
    I rode it more on Sat. afternoon on sunny weather, had a blast!
    Aaaand today, first commute downtown (from Thornhill). It was good, no unpleasant events, hopefully it'll be like that forever!
    Happy times!
    It's a black CBR250RA.

Re: Ride from dealership and first commute

Congrats on your new bike!! You will have plenty of fun this summer. Post some pictures of your toy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_San View Post
    Hey guys,

I picked up my first bike on Saturday morning and had to ride it through wet streets and fog...first time on the streets also (all my riding was done at the RTI course last Sept.). But I survived! The most annoying thing was the water on my visor, really limits visibility!
    Aaaand today, first commute downtown (from Thornhill). It was good, no unpleasant events, hopefully it'll be like that forever!
    Happy times!
    It's a black CBR250RA.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	27716

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	27717

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	27718

Oh look another Honda cbr 250 rider...
    congrats on the pick up
    05 Honda cbr 600RR 04.13.2011 - Sold
    09 Honda cbr 125 R.I.P 06.12.2011</3
    11 Honda cbr 250R ABS. 10.01.2011 Cherry <3

Quote Originally Posted by UJelly View Post
    Oh look another Honda cbr 250 rider...
    congrats on the pick up
    Thanks!

Congrats! Cool, another Ceebee rider.
    Enjoy the new bike. I'm having a blast on mine.

Hey guys,

Happy times!
    It's a black CBR250RA.
    Awesome and thanks for the post. I'm in the same situation , actually went on Saturday in the same conditions and circumstances but opted not to ride home or wait until the weather got better, which it didnt.
    But now because of the bike show, it may take time for them to deliver so they asked me to pick it up instead.
    Nerves were there, but commin on this post and chatting with a few rider friends, i'm feeling a bit more confident to go and pick up my ride. Wish me luck, will be picking up my kawasaki Ninja 650r this week.

Quote Originally Posted by flexrider View Post
    Awesome and thanks for the post. I'm in the same situation , actually went on Saturday in the same conditions and circumstances but opted not to ride home or wait until the weather got better, which it didnt.
    But now because of the bike show, it may take time for them to deliver so they asked me to pick it up instead.
    Nerves were there, but commin on this post and chatting with a few rider friends, i'm feeling a bit more confident to go and pick up my ride. Wish me luck, will be picking up my kawasaki Ninja 650r this week.
    Hey, good luck!
    You'll be fine, just take it easy! On my first ever right turn, I almost lost the back (cold tire and wet road and lack of experience -> not good)
    It'll be very warm this week so you will not have to deal with a wet road (well, hopefully).
    Last edited by Alex_San; 03-19-2012 at 01:29 PM.

I have never been a fan of slip-on aftermarket exhausts on beginners bikes, but that contraption that you have on CBR250 has to go!!! Congrats on the new bike

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    I have never been a fan of slip-on aftermarket exhausts on beginners bikes, but that contraption that you have on CBR250 has to go!!! Congrats on the new bike
    Yeah, I'm not crazy about the exhaust myself, but it seems that every non-biker person that saw my bike liked the exhaust...only bikers hate it...
    The exhaust will stay, I won't spend money on something like that for this bike.

Hey, good luck!
    You'll be fine, just take it easy! On my first ever right turn, I almost lost the back (cold tire and wet road and lack of experience -> not good)
    It'll be very warm this week so you will not have to deal with a wet road (well, hopefully).
    Thanks... I did it! i had some buddy's and reading post from here. I went to the dealer, they closed at 6pm today so i went by 5:30pm , got someone to drop me off, and hopped on my bike. Nerves were there for the first little bit, but seeing all the other riders confidently leaving the store was just the push i needed. I stayed around the area for about an hour and practiced , i went back on the main road with other cars during my trek a couple times and then back onto the last side road available and practiced rolling starts, stopping and turns, as well as gradual gear shifting. Then after just headed off...and wow.. felt sooooo damnnnn good
    I literally stalled once, and it happened at a left turn main intersection just at home but i made sure on my way for every turn and stop i had enough space for turns and that i was noticed by other drivers (wasnt hard with my 2 brothers exhaust)
    I waved at 3 riders , one signalled to me that i had my turn signal on for a few blocks...but the rider brotherhood was awesome.
    I even had a few car riders signal to me as well and a go bus driver...man cant wait to head back out again soon

Quote Originally Posted by flexrider View Post
    I even had a few car riders signal to me as well and a go bus driver...man cant wait to head back out again soon
    Huh???

I will be in the same situation as you guys.

I will pick up my Ninja 250 this weekend (hopefully). Not sure how will i arrange my ride from sq 1 to North York but will figure something out.

I can't wait to ride. I got my lisc / took classes in Sept 2011. So almost 7 months since i rode 'A Bike'. I can't even recall how to switch gears smoothly. But i'm sure i'll figure something out. Hopefully it comes to me fast.

Thats a nice cbr 250 you got. Congratulations. See you on the road.
    -------------

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MR_ActionTime View Post
    I will be in the same situation as you guys.

I will pick up my Ninja 250 this weekend (hopefully). Not sure how will i arrange my ride from sq 1 to North York but will figure something out.

I can't wait to ride. I got my lisc / took classes in Sept 2011. So almost 7 months since i rode 'A Bike'. I can't even recall how to switch gears smoothly. But i'm sure i'll figure something out. Hopefully it comes to me fast.

Thats a nice cbr 250 you got. Congratulations. See you on the road.
    -------------

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk
    I was in the same situation, no ride since the course in Sept. last year. I was scared ****less, but at the same time I wanted my bike for the week-end, didn't want to wait till Monday for delivery.
    Yes, it will come to you fast, don't worry...

Thanks Alex. Based on your expereince, that brings two questions for me. (Expereinced riders, please do pitch in)

1) How did you handle riding in the rain?

2) What to do about visor getting wet in rain?

Thanks Alex. Based on your expereince, that brings two questions for me. (Expereinced riders, please do pitch in)

I didn't ride in the rain yet (well, except when I did my M1 exit test ), when I rode the bike from dealership it was foggy, not rainy. Water drops still formed on the visor though (inside and outside), and it was very annoying. I tried to use my glove to wipe it, not very successfully. I also rode with the visor up as much as possible.
    Maybe the more experienced riders have better solutions.

You just ride very smooth, smooth braking and acceleration, no hard jerking, nice easy gentle leaning in the corners. It's not as bad as it seems. Also, water does not stay on the visor when you're moving, so it's pretty rare that you'll be wiping it off the visor, maybe when you're stopped at the red light. The worst part is fogging of the visor, and all helmets are different. I just crack open my shoei (it has the option to open the visor just a little bit), have the antifog stuff sprayed on the inside of visor, and I use the insert that comes over your nose to prevent breathing air to go to the visor.

If you're in the 100 kph range and above you can turn your head to one side and then the other (while keeping an eye on where you're going). The wind will clear the visor.

welcome...congrats on the bike great 1st choice.......cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rich6969 View Post
    welcome...congrats on the bike great 1st choice.......cheers
    Thanks!