Can somebody explain this quote? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can somebody explain this quote?

Re: Can somebody explain this quote?

Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    It's 6 years that it will affect your rates, this is insurance law. You history report will have it forever, but insurance companies can't penalize you for it after 6 years.
    I think TD keeps collisions on record for 10 years. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Can somebody explain this quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Slono View Post
    Today I called one State Farm agent and got a quote. Then I called 3 other state farm agents to confirm this quote and got different stories with all of them. One of them said they would not insure me if I did not insure my automobile with them, another one said because of my single at fault accident they would not insure me, and the last one said that she needed information of all the drivers in my household including their names and driver's license numbers before insuring me. I got fed up and went with the first State Farm agent who gave me a reasonable quote, which was less than what I had mentioned in my original post because I took off the collision option.

Has anybody else experienced different agents saying different things?
    The agent DOES need the information of all licensed operators in the household. This is required to provide you with an accurate quote. If there is a bad driver in your household, you can always exclude them with and OPCF28a exclusion endorsement.

If you believe that the agents are giving you the run-around (by telling you that you don't qualify), then ask them if their rate manual specifies that you are an ineligible risk. If they were lying, then I think they'd change their tune. All companies must file their eligibility criteria with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and FSCO must approve them. A company is not allowed to refuse business unless you do not meet their filed eligibility criteria.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)