Yamaha V-star 650 quote

Thread: Yamaha V-star 650 quote

Yamaha V-star 650 quote

Hey Guys, I'm a 25 yr old new rider, will be getting my m2 in the next few months. I've been searching around for insurance quotes and I can't seem to get anything for less than $2400. I haven't gotten any tickets in the past 3 years, clean driving record and I've had my full G license for 6+years.

Any tips on how to get a better insurance deal? I've read all the stickies and used the insurance binary tree to find the right company but the rates that I'm getting are still very high.

Details:
    Bike: 2006 Yamaha V-star 650 Classic
    Current license: M1

Thanks!

Re: Yamaha V-star 650 quote

...got a 93 shadow 600 for $1080 a year with State Farm. Got my M1 a few weeks ago. I'm 28 with a clean record on everything. Not sure if that helps or not. Since my actual cc on the bike is 583cc (under 600) and my bike is older and only valued at $2000, this might explain it. I was quoted at $2400/year locally, $1250 with Rider's Plus, $1600 with Jevco. Everyone's situation is different, so it will vary, but we're in similar situations, so I'd try with Statefarm and go from there. Given you have a bike that is only 5 years old as opposed to mine at 19 years old and worth more and over 600cc, $2400 might be pretty much as good as you're gonna get.

Since you are a new operator with car experience, State Farm will likely be the cheapest in the first year. I took a look at my tree and noticed that SF is completely missing for your scenario -- I will try to update it.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Thanks for the input guys. I'll try to give SF a call later tonight, fingers crossed!

...let us know what comes out of it so that others will gain from your knowledge and experience.

I have 2009 vstar 650 custom, I am 31 with One speeding ticket and was quoted $900 with jevco last April, this renewal it went up to $1275 and the one ticket is no longer on my record. I think $2400 is a bit steep, try all the companies and tell us how you did.
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom

Hey guys, here's an update.

statefarm:
    They quotes me at 1500 per year full coverage. If I only want liability, it's gonna cost roughly 1200 per year.

TD Meloche:
    Full coverage, including theft for 1400 per year. I'm leaning towards these guys but I'll make a few more phone calls over the week.

Sent from my HTC Panache using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alphaChaser View Post
    Hey guys, here's an update.

statefarm:
    They quotes me at 1500 per year full coverage. If I only want liability, it's gonna cost roughly 1200 per year.

TD Meloche:
    Full coverage, including theft for 1400 per year. I'm leaning towards these guys but I'll make a few more phone calls over the week.

Sent from my HTC Panache using Tapatalk
    At least you're in a friendlier range of quotes. Good luck
    2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Midnight Custom