Daytona 200

Thread: Daytona 200

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Daytona 200

I was part of his crew in Daytona, and I was amazed with Ben's performance. This is a kid to watch. He turned his fastest lap times near the end of his 57 laps - he got off his bike at the end of his race cool as a cucumber, not even a bead of sweat on his forehead. When I asked him how he felt - "I could go another 10 laps".

To place 20th in his first Daytona 200 on his 'B' bike is a huge accomplishment. Congrats Ben!
    Where 'ya gonna ride in 2012?
    See http://www.motorcycletrackdays.ca/

You guys did awesome Ravo. Even with Chemello's help hahahaha. Racing Daytona is harder on equipment than the rider, lots of time to rest on the banking. Last time I raced there I did 65 laps before I lowsided on the infield while waiting for the fuel light to come on (SV650 go forever). The year before my 1000 wouldnt go beyond 45min and even an old fat guy like me had no problem running that long. Being as young as Ben I am not surprised he could run the race and still chase skirts afterwards. The kid has some great talent and its great to see his crew is also top notch.

Great job Ben !!