Daytona 200

Thread: Daytona 200

Daytona 200

A huge congratulation to Ben Young and the whole FOGI Racing team for an outstanding showing at Daytona yesterday- after throwing a rod on the 'A' bike in qualifying, he was able to work his way through the pack and finish a respectable 20th place in the 40+ rider grid. These are the kids , AMA pro riders that we all aspire to be like- Show your support for him gang by going to his page http://www.facebook.com/BenYoungRacing and give it a like, or better still, let him know how you feel!
    Many thanks to my kid's sponsors: MOTOZEN Racing, Bickle Racing, JD Trailer Sales, GPBikes, Johnny Andro of GUNN's Physical FX Studio,CSV Graphics, Z1 cycletech, Chinatown Optical, ImpactArmor, MPHD Ltd, The Morton Foundation, Kevin Zhang, Sam Nawaz, Donovan Paige, Les Booth and race coach extraordinaire/ voice of reason; John Bickle!

Re: Daytona 200

That is an incredable accomplishment. Most do not realize how mentally overwhelming,mechanically demanding and physically exhausting this event is. You work so hard and just think it's all going well and you get passed on the banking like you're towing an anchor. You then go back to the pits and try to figure now they go so fast. The top ten riders have awsome equipment and NOTHING at Daytona beats flat out horsepower. So Ben did Canada proud and to finish is just a big deal to place top 20 is incredable!
    Kudos goes to this young man,,I'll bet he's sore today and hopefully on the beach! Way to go Ben! And thanks to FOGI and Tim Horton's Sudbury for making this happen!
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

Well said John. Conrats to the Fogi team.

Congrats!!!!!!

Alright Congrats Ben

Way to go Ben!
    Ben in AMA, Brett in WSBK. This is getting good.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Way to go Ben!
    ^+1
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. H.S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Way to go Ben!
    Don't forget these two guys...Darren James is doing all the AMA XR1200 rounds and Kenny Riedmann on his Triumph 675r in select AMA Daytona Sportbike Class...yes it is getting good!

If you enjoyed having Ben in the 200 race...support those that supported him...

I was part of his crew in Daytona, and I was amazed with Ben's performance. This is a kid to watch. He turned his fastest lap times near the end of his 57 laps - he got off his bike at the end of his race cool as a cucumber, not even a bead of sweat on his forehead. When I asked him how he felt - "I could go another 10 laps".

To place 20th in his first Daytona 200 on his 'B' bike is a huge accomplishment. Congrats Ben!
    Where 'ya gonna ride in 2012?
    See http://www.motorcycletrackdays.ca/

You guys did awesome Ravo. Even with Chemello's help hahahaha. Racing Daytona is harder on equipment than the rider, lots of time to rest on the banking. Last time I raced there I did 65 laps before I lowsided on the infield while waiting for the fuel light to come on (SV650 go forever). The year before my 1000 wouldnt go beyond 45min and even an old fat guy like me had no problem running that long. Being as young as Ben I am not surprised he could run the race and still chase skirts afterwards. The kid has some great talent and its great to see his crew is also top notch.

Great job Ben !!

Quote Originally Posted by Motoshire747 View Post
    If you enjoyed having Ben in the 200 race...support those that supported him...

+1 My Tim's bill alone this winter should pay for a motor or two...!
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!