Hi Everybody,

I’m very happy and excited today as I put the down payment for my Kawi Ninja 250.

I bought the 2011 model as I didn’t think there’s any point in over paying for 2012 and wait for it. Plus I took the advice from GTAM and started with a small bike.

Being a new biker I had a few questions and I was wondering if someone can help answer the following.

1) I bought my bike from Kahuna Sports. I was wondering if I should buy the Gear from them as well or is there another place that people can recommend around GTA? Someone mentioned to me a while back that there’s a cheaper and better outlet in Guelph but I’m not sure where exactly is it. Any advice? Help? Better price obviously helps.

2) Choosing a helmet is the bigger problem. Before I got the bike, I promised that I will give safety the first priority. That’s the reason I didn’t pick up a bike bigger than 250 (I’ll look at safety first over how I look on that small bike).

I liked the Bell’s Modular Helmets as they are easy to put on (especially for me since I wear glasses) and they have the visors for sunlight. However, they are not DOT Snell approved.

I checked the Shoei as well and while I like their fitting the best, they don’t have the visors for sunlight. <- (To all the experienced riders what do you do when riding in sunlight?)

3) My bike will be parked in my apartment building. I wanted to make sure that it doesn’t get stolen. Can anyone please suggest what do I do about making sure that it doesn’t get stolen. Any kind of locks or anything I can put on it.

4) What maintenance will be there? I was told that I have to get the Oil Changed after first 1000 Km. Anything else in addition to that for regular maintenance?

5) Any experienced riders care to ride with a noob?

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for any tips.