Insurance Company Won't Process Claim

Thread: Insurance Company Won't Process Claim

Insurance Company Won't Process Claim

I had a fender bender in my car back in November where a guy turned into me that caused a bit over $1,000 worth of damage. He denied he did so I phoned the police and then he admitted turning into me and was issued a ticket for unsafe lane change. After getting the ticket he refused to pay for the damage so I had to make an insurance claim. The company has all the information, police report, etc and assigned me an adjuster who I spoke to but still has not given me any money. I've phoned several times between then and now and the adjuster always says he's still working on talking to the other driver.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the claim? I'd like to get the money to fix my car which has been damaged since November.

Re: Insurance Company Won't Process Claim

Phone and ask the adjuster who is boss is and tell him you want to talk to him cause he is taking to long .
    2010 GS500F

Call him and ask him why he hasn't sent you a proof of loss yet. The Insurance Act requires that one be sent out within 60 days of receipt of the claim. Obviously he hasn't done that and now you've got the guy being non-complaint with the Act, which when you mention that to his manager you'll have some really good argument to get them to process your claim right away.

Not that a claim like yours requires a proof of loss but it's good ammunition to get them to look at your claim right away.

If all fails, contact the ombudsman.
    Got tired of my "carito" log-in......

Thanks I told the adjuster about the Act and said I'd contact the ombudsman if he won't process it. He agreed to pay for the work but only if they approve of the day since another adjuster is going to show up and inspect the body and pay for the work at the garage. Still better than getting nothing but its a pain scheduling with them way in advance the exact day I want to drop my car off.

I'm not sure why there are making such a fuss on the day it goes in. If it's driveable they should book it for the first available monday at a shop of your choice or one of their preferred vendors, its really not an issue. Also if you are deemed 100% Not At Fault a rental car is covered. Are you insured with a direct writer or a broker? If you are with a broker, see if they have a claims advocate. The advocate will help stremline the claims process, they work for you to help deal with any issues between yourself and the insurance company.