Nitrogen charge...

Thread: Nitrogen charge...

Question Nitrogen charge...

Hey, I've just rebuilt the rear shock on my SV. I've yet to have it nitrogen charged.
    Where can I have this done? Any moto shop, or is this something special? A tire shop, what with nitrogen in your tires being all the rage?
    And is there a 'standard' setting? I've been unable to dig up what Suzuki thought was right.

Thanks

Re: Nitrogen charge...

Any shop that has someone that services suspension (as opposed to parts replacers). Pro 6 Cycle, Z1 Cycletech, Accelerated Technologies (John Sharrard), are a few that come to mind.

The pressure required is considerably higher than what goes in your tires. The nitrogen cylinder that the tire shops is at a much higher pressure, but the regulator that they are using might not allow the pressure that you need. Also, does the shock have a normal Schrader valve, or is it something special?

Re: Nitrogen charge...

I would think you would need about 150 -200 psi in there . I use Argon in mine cause I have it handy . The better the oil you have the less preasure you can get away with .(preasure preventsd the oil from foaming)

Nice to know!! I need to rebuild my rear schock too