Why am I not able to post photos?

Thread: Why am I not able to post photos?

Why am I not able to post photos?

Is there a post count, subscription or other requirement needed before one may include photos?
    Every time I try to include a photo I get an error message like, invalid URL or GTA Motorcycles page not responding.
    I've tried with three different computers using three different windows versions.
    I usuauly link to an existing URL but I have even tried to upload from my desktop computer, yet still no joy.
    (I was unable to find anything on this subject yet I'm sure I can not be the only one.)
    the Dreamer
    (a.k.a. Ducati Dreamin' Stephen)
    '98 900 Ducati SS FE silFEr For Sale
    Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.

Re: Why am I not able to post photos?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20110918-00016.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	27686
    Mina

Worked for me...
    You must be doing something wrong.

Click "Choose File" and find the picture you want to add, then you have to click on "Upload Files" under the "Choose File" button.
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
    Is there a post count, subscription or other requirement needed before one may include photos?
    Every time I try to include a photo I get an error message like, invalid URL or GTA Motorcycles page not responding.
    I've tried with three different computers using three different windows versions.
    I usuauly link to an existing URL but I have even tried to upload from my desktop computer, yet still no joy.
    (I was unable to find anything on this subject yet I'm sure I can not be the only one.)
    When you are uploading to "From URL" uncheck the box saying "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".
    Also are you using the link from a photobucket type site? Thats the best way to do it.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    When you are uploading to "From URL" uncheck the box saying "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".
    Also are you using the link from a photobucket type site? Thats the best way to do it.
    I thought he was having problems uploading directly from his computer... My bad!
    OP, What JeffJones said.
    Mina

Well daaaaaa!!!
    Thanks for the heads up re: uncheck the box.
    I just edited a post and did that. Tada! The photo magically appeared.
    Now I’m sure I had tried that before and it didn’t work but obviously I was wrong.
    And so begs the question, why da frak is that box checked in the first place if you’ve already clicked on the URL tab and you can’t recall a photo from a URL if the box is checked?

Now as to why I can’t up load from my home desk top computer well, that may have to do with it being on dial up. It may time out or have some size limitations I’m not aware of.

I was asking about both because I had trouble with both.
    the Dreamer
    (a.k.a. Ducati Dreamin' Stephen)
    '98 900 Ducati SS FE silFEr For Sale
    Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.

the board does have rather small size limitations for attachments. I'd suggest using imgur.com

You can sign up for a free account there, and it'll store all your images, generate bbcode links, etc. Plus they have apps for smartphones.