Here it goes

Thread: Here it goes

Here it goes

Hey guys and gals, came across this forum recently and decided to join. I'm starting off on a bike, been getting my M1 for the last few years but never got around to getting a bike. This year I've registered for the Humber April 6th weekend M2 course. Purchased a bike, 2000 GSX-R(will get a lot of heat for this, I know). Looking forward to get on the road and cruise in this gorgeous weather. Heading to the bike show tomorrow for some last minute gear shopping. Hope to see some of you on the streets. Ride safe

Re: Here it goes

Welcome, hope you learn a lot in the course.
    Remember when you get on your gsxr to take it easy. Don't let anyone push you and don't go group riding for a little while until you get more comfortable with the bike.

I started on my gsxr and never looked back. Just use that friction zone until you know your clutch/takeoff power and can turn. Remember, commit to your turns and look where you're going!

Quote Originally Posted by bboySushi View Post
    Welcome, hope you learn a lot in the course.
    Remember when you get on your gsxr to take it easy. Don't let anyone push you and don't go group riding for a little while until you get more comfortable with the bike.

I started on my gsxr and never looked back. Just use that friction zone until you know your clutch/takeoff power and can turn. Remember, commit to your turns and look where you're going!
    Thanks for the advice. I'm not planning on riding with people for a while and when I do, trust me I'm not planning on ripping the bike to shreds. I've been riding around on side streets this week after an experienced friend showed me the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobierider View Post
    I'm starting off on a bike,...<snippage>...Purchased a bike, 2000 GSX-R(will get a lot of heat for this, I know)
    Of course not, why would you think getting a R600 (please tell me it's a 600 and not a litre bike...) as your first bike would get you heat...

Good luck to you, stay safe.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

I've read my share of threads on here, the never ending battle of getting a 250 vs anything higher for a first bike. Yes, mine is a 600 and that is more than I need. Planning on taking it easy, as I value my life haha. I do believe it's the rider not the bike that increase the danger of accidents etc.

Welcome to the forum!! We'll be at the bike show tomorrow too - Cornerstone booth 1119 in hall 1 - there'll be free popcorn!
    Aleks Hara - Registered Insurance Broker
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

AHARA@CSIB.ORG
    T:416-798-8001 ext 311
    T:1-888-768-8001 ext 311
    F:905-264-5178

"Cornerstone - Your broker of choice - We make it simple!"

Welcome!!

Welcome. Nice bike. I started riding on the same bike a while back. Ride safe.