What happens when a planner and a non-planner attempt to take a trip to Sturgis together?
Me (planner)– OK, we have a holiday Monday in the first week of August, so we can take the following Monday instead, leaving us with 10 days for our trip to Sturgis for Bike Week.
Friend (nonplanner) – well I’ve only the booked the Tuesday to Friday off, because that leaves me with an extra vacation day I can use to go to Friday 13th at Port Dover (I kid you not – Port Dover)– and I want to be home on the Saturday so I can rest up for a day before going back to work.
So that now leaves us with 8 days for the round trip. My friend doesn't want to do all Interstates and she doesn't want to do 10 hour riding days.
So my mission is to plot a route (without any input other than veto power from my travelling companion) which gets us there in 3 days without running interstates and not doing 10 hour days. I’ve actually come up with a couple of ideas, but they do involve a lot of Interstate riding and 10 - 12 hour days. Unless the earth’s Teutonic Plates shift before the first week in August and move Sturgis significantly closer to Hamilton, I’m thinking this is mission impossible.